Highlighted

We want Dolby back again

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I am not the only one saying this but.. WE NEED the Dolby codec back again in Premiere CC 2018.

I work everyday with DVDs and Blu-rays, importing and exporting AC3 2.0/5.1.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

We want Dolby back again

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I am not the only one saying this but.. WE NEED the Dolby codec back again in Premiere CC 2018.

I work everyday with DVDs and Blu-rays, importing and exporting AC3 2.0/5.1.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to 2018, lost a day trying to rollback do 2017.

But, I think I have the right to have the latest version of the software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Adobe could say if that would happen... But it doesn't seem like that's the direction things are going. Sorry for the difficulty!

For now, please check this thread and see if any of the solutions recommended there will work for you:

Dolby Codec Missing in CC 2018, MTS/AC3 No Audio

(read through all suggestions on both pages of the thread)

Hope that helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont think this is ever going to happen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I don't either.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe absolutely has no consideration for people who pay their salary -> You and me.

just removing that basic feature without compensation, without BIG LETTERS warning before upgrading, without alternative solution.

This is not acceptable and must be fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I agree with all of you, i just lost sound my project under Win7 an d i have to jump to win 10 to recover my audio dolby pist.and it's not easy in a company with a particular OS politic.

Mister Adobe, A dolby patch can't be considered ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the inconvenience, but according to all involved exporting to disc (DVD or Blu-ray), the primary reason for the Dolby codec to exist, is effectively dead (which is the major reason why Adobe EOL'd Encore with no replacement at all whatsoever). These days most exports are to the Internet, where the audio codec that's typically used (MPEG or MP3)  do not usually conform to DVD or Blu-ray standards.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, In my case, it's just to decode my rushes which are encoded with a 4K recent video camera. (JVC GHM 200)

My sound just diseapered in my new CC 2018 project... it's not to make optical disk...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines