• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annual Photography plan via Amazon

Explorer ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used the photography plan for a few years now and I'm happy with it. I used to pay monthly through Adobe but last year I purchased an annual subscription through Amazon because it worked out quite a bit cheaper. With all the talk of possible price rises, I'm considering purchasing another annual photography plan through Amazon even though my current subscription doesn't expire until December.

So when you buy these plans through Amazon, they send you a code to redeem when you want to activate the plan. My question is, is there a time limit in which to redeem the code and activate the plan? I'm only planning to buy one years worth of subscription in advance (to be redeemed in December) but could you buy two or three years subscriptions in advance to guard against price rises?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Please see Help with redemption codes

If you redeem with the same Adobe ID

If you already have the same plan or product, and redeem with the same Adobe ID: 

• If your payment plan is Annual plan, paid monthly, Adobe stops charging your credit card after you redeem the code. After the redemption code subscription term expires, Adobe resumes charging your credit card.
  • If your payment plan is Annual plan, prepaid, the redemption code term is added to the end of the paid subscription term.

Therefore, if

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Redemption codes have an expiration date and needs to be redeemed before expiration .If you buy 3 or 5 codes and redeem them at the same time ,you'll have 3 or 5 years subscription on your account .I don't know if there is a limit number of redeemed codes but I'm sure that it works with 5 .

You can buy a code now and redeemed now ,it will extend your subscription until December 2020 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. The only problem I'm going to have is the same problem I had at last renewal time. Because I started on a monthly plan and then changed to an annual plan via redemption code, Adobe still consider that I'm eventually going to go back to a monthly plan at some point. They say they will automatically take my next monthly payment on December 8th 2019 when my annual subscription expires. If I buy another annual subscription its going to say that they will automatically take payment on December 8th 2020. I wish they would just accept that I don't want to go back to a monthly plan and stop the threat of automatic payment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just to be on the safe side, I went on to the Adobe support chat line and asked them to confirm that if I purchase and redeem another 12 month subscription, it would be added to my existing subscription. He said no. If I activated the subscription today, it would start today and not in December when my current subscription ends.

He also mentioned the redemption code for the Amazon prepaid annual plan having an expiry date but I cannot see any mention of this on Amazon's UK website. Anyone have an idea how long the expiry date is? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally a redemption code has an expiray date of 1 year after the purchase date but I'm not sure .

For redeeming multiple codes on the same Adobe ID  ,I'm sure that the subscription is exetended .

The billing reminder is an automated system and can't be disabled because you need to cancel the subscription > Which means no more possibility to redeem codes on the same Adobe ID .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see Help with redemption codes

If you redeem with the same Adobe ID

If you already have the same plan or product, and redeem with the same Adobe ID: 

• If your payment plan is Annual plan, paid monthly, Adobe stops charging your credit card after you redeem the code. After the redemption code subscription term expires, Adobe resumes charging your credit card.
  • If your payment plan is Annual plan, prepaid, the redemption code term is added to the end of the paid subscription term.

Therefore, if you purchased another redemption code for the same product from Amazon, you could redeem it using the same ID and the new term would be added to the end of the current paid subscription term.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bev,

Thanks for the helpful reply and email. It is reassuring to hear. I'm going to buy the prepaid annual plan now. Can I activate the subscription by telephone because there doesn't seem to be the option of redeeming the code in my "Manage plan" or "Manage payment" pages of my account. Also when I redeemed a code last time, the system seemed to have trouble associating my new annual prepaid plan with my existing Adobe account, which had previously been a pay monthly plan. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please redeem the code online using the instructions provided.  I'm afraid it's not possible to do this over the phone.  If you run into any issues, please let us know.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for that Bev. I purchased the plan, activated it as per the instructions and now my subscription is valid until December 2020 which is great. It still says that after December 2020, Adobe are going to start billing me for a monthly plan again, something that I don't want. I tried to sort this out last December but every time I tried to cancel the monthly plan permanently, I kept getting nag messages every time I launched CC, even though I had 12 months subscription on my account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for letting us know. 

As the redemption codes are adding 12 months to your original paid monthly plan, it's not possible to cancel this, unless you decide after December 2020 that you no longer wish to continue with the subscription.  If you get messages about renewing your plan, signing out and then in again should clear this.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instruction on how to redeem come with the code.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines