- I cannot get back to the main login screen without clearing my browser cache -- it just bumps me straight to the Complete Your Profile page otherwise. [Therefore, "Have you tried logging out and logging back in?" is a silly question.]
- Thinking I might have the wrong password, I cleared the cache and attempted to log in with a different password. That time I got, "That's an incorrect password. Try again." So obviously the password I initially entered is the correct one, and the system just isn't completing the sign in process for some reason. [Therefore "Here's how to reset your password" is not going to solve the problem.]
- This is not the same account I use for my license. I want to stick with my personal account for my forum presence, because corporate situations can change and I don't want to lose access to prior activity.
- Nor do I not want to start over with a new account, for the same reason.
- That said, after two go-rounds with customer service chats, I ended up entering a new account name (valerie_a_b), which the customer service rep assured me would just put a new name on my old account. He was obviously incorrect. So now I have two accounts associated with the same email address, which is probably a bad idea.
- I can log in to the main adobe.com site just fine. This issue applies only to the community forums.
I would really appreciate if someone would help me access my real account!
I'm reaching out to you via private message to see if we can work this out.
I know my timing is lousy what with the Christmas holidays and all, but it's been nearly three weeks since I've heard from Dave, and if there's anybody else out there who might be able to assist, I'd be ever so grateful! 😊
I am truly sorry for dropping the ball here. I even see the PMs we sent back and forth and I thought I'd closed this out with you.
Here's what I've been able to find and what I'm trying to track down now.
Both the account you posted this thread from and your other account somehow utilized the same email address, but they have different GUIDs within our community system. When I look for the GUID associated with the other account in some of our other tools, I do not see it at all. I'm working with one of my colleagues to see if I can glean further details.
I will circle back on this thread as soon as I have new information or tomorrow morning (if I'm still waiting on information), but I will not forget about this again as I try to get to the bottom of what happened.
Again, I'm really sorry for not following through before. 😞
I got the details of your situation in front of a colleague who's looking into it. He didn't get back to last night, but I've already pinged him this morning for an update.
Thanks so much, David! Would it help if I changed the email address on this username?
Oh, that's so weird. When I went to check how I would do that, the account settings page has my original user name! So I won't mess with it...don't want to break things worse than they already are!
Anything yet from your colleague?
I'm getting a bit of a runaround right now, but I'm still working on this.
No new info to report, but I'll keep pressing. This is an extremely odd issue, and I'm sorry for all the trouble this has caused you.
Thanks for the update, Dave. "Extremely odd" about sums me up, so I guess it shouldn't surprise me... 😉
Could you DM me a screen-recording of you logging in? The team I'm working with has requested one.
I don't know how to do that. But sometimes it lets me log in on the first try, and sometimes not.
Yeah, I can't do a screen recording because I don't have Xbox installed. But here are a couple of screenshots:
I click on the correct email address in the dropdown box...
...then click Continue (my password is saved).
So nothing fancy or magical going on!
In other words, it's now letting me sign in with this email address, but it's not letting me access the content of my original account under the original name. Basically now I just want that back.
I think I've got a fix for this. I'm validating it on our stage environment. If it works, I'll apply it to your account and you should be able to access the kyriosity account once more.
it's been another week. Any update?
Hellooooooo????? Anybody home????? 😉