Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Self-inflicted problem with my CC account

Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My self-inflicted problem with CC is that, when I suddenly had a chance to subscribe at a monthly rate a lot lower than what I was paying at the time, rather than somehow stopping my existing CC account and re-stablishing it at the new rate, I simply opened a new account with a new-but-functional email address and password. Now I'm hamstrung because the account has started using my original password with my new Adobe ID, and I can't accomplish much of anything other than using the apps. I can't upgrade Acrobat because Acrobat doesn't recognise my Adobe ID and wants to charge me. How can I sort out this cluster-(blank)? I need one account, with one ID and one password. Currently I have at least 2.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Thanks for the help. I got it straightened out, and now have only one Adobe ID and password, as requested. Regarding the legitimacy of my signing up for CC at the lower rate, however, I was able to accomplish that in phone conversation with an Adobe support person, not by gaming the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe customer care and ask the agent to combine your accounts.

Log-in below and click the chat bot icon (lower right)

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Please note, special introductory rates are for NEW customers only.  And after 12 months, they typically revert to the regular price.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above that may work but it also may not. That lower rate is for NEW customers not existing. So if they do combine the 2 accounts (If that can be done) you could end up paying Top Dollar for both subscriptions.

Which might happen anyway. All subscriptions Auto Renew unless canceled BEFORE the Renew date.

And that lower rate is for 1 year only.

In any event the password you used does not matter. You could have 15 different Adobe accounts using 15 different email addresses and all of them using the same exact password.

You can't have 2 different Adobe accounts using the same email address and a different password for each. It is the email address that counts. The password is just to authenticate YOU "AT" that email address.

So you should be able to Login to your original Adobe account using the correct email address for it and that same password. That is IF that password is the correct one for your original account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help. I got it straightened out, and now have only one Adobe ID and password, as requested. Regarding the legitimacy of my signing up for CC at the lower rate, however, I was able to accomplish that in phone conversation with an Adobe support person, not by gaming the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines