• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will I have access to my Creative Cloud files on another account and on a different computer?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Creative Cloud account through work. I am leaving the job (and will not keep the account) but want to save access to some of my files that I have created under the account for my own freelancing purposes.

What is the best way to do this? I will no longer have access to the computer I created the files on. I'm planning on moving the files to my personal computer but want to make sure that I have full access to them on another computer with a different Creative Cloud account. 

Does anyone have insight or experience with this? Thank you!

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

No.  When your seat is eliminated, you will NOT have access to any of your Creative Cloud files because they are owned by your employer, not you.  Ask your employer if you can copy files to a flash drive and take them with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  When your seat is eliminated, you will NOT have access to any of your Creative Cloud files because they are owned by your employer, not you.  Ask your employer if you can copy files to a flash drive and take them with you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy is correct. You need to talk to the employer and ask if you can have a copy of them.

To actually access them, if the company allows you to have a copy of them, you will need to subscription plan to download and install Adobe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually that's not my question. I am referring to files that are not owned by the company but by me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who pays for your Creative Cloud plan -- you or your employer?

If your employer pays for the plan, they own the cloud files.   If you pay for the plan, you own the files.   When a plan is cancelled, cloud access is also cancelled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,

My employer allowed me to use the account to create my own freelancing files and is fine for me to keep and use them. This has already been arranged. My question is not regarding ownership of files but the technical nature of Creative Cloud. I would appreciate a helpful reply to my question and not a lecture that fails to address my concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no technical magic. You need to download everything, and save it somewhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"My question is not regarding ownership of files but the technical nature of Creative Cloud. I would appreciate a helpful reply to my question and not a lecture that fails to address my concern."

I'm not lecturing anybody.  I am telling you how Creative Cloud works.  Ownership matters.   Adobe must protect their client's interests as well as their own.  Creative Cloud files are "owned" by whoever took out the agreement with Adobe.   If you want to retain access to certain CC assets on your employer's account, you need to get the files onto flash drives now while you still can.   CC access will end when you leave your current job.  I can't explain it any simpler than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the files are owned outright by you then make a copy of them and take that home and copy them over to your personal computer.

You can Access them with the File manager for the OS on your personal, to copy or make sure they are all there.

But to actually work with them you will need whatever program was used to create them. There are some exceptions like MS Word Doc's can be read by other word processors and there are many programs that can read and display PDF file.

As for Proprietary Adobe files, like PSD files for Photoshop and the like you will need Adobe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QUOTE:

Hi,

I have a Creative Cloud account through work.

END QUOTE:

What do mean exactly by I have a CC account through. Are you saying you use the Adobe Cloud system to store your file on or that you use CC programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other Adobe programs at work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud is just a Name. If you don't want to use the online storage option that Adobe allows you don't have to.

No programs are in the Clouds. All Adobe programs need to downloaded and installed on each computer they are run on. The only thing the internet, Cloud, is used for is to verify, validate and activate your license to use the programs you have a subscription for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that case, just download and save the files and upload them again when you have your own account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines