• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A network error occurred while accessing this document on the Internet

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error when I try to open a pdf document on the Internet.

JC

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not mention what browser you use and whether you use Acrobat / Reader to view pdf's and what version.

1. In Acrobat / Reader, go to the Edit menu and select Preferences. Under 'Internet', make sure the box for 'Display PDF in browser' is unchecked. Click OK to save your changes.
  2. In IE, go to the Tools menu and click on 'Manage Add-ons'. Then, click on Adobe Reader and click the Disable button. This should disable the built-in Reader in IE, so PDFs will have to open in Reader instead of in the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rave,

IE: 8 & 9

Adobe Acrobat Pro/Acrobat Reader 10.x & 11.x

Chrome: work fine

So the answer is to manually enable and disable websites based on whether the pdfs open within the browser.  That doesn't seem like a great long-term solution to have have our users to manually enable / disable browser integration.  We have web applications that work better with browser integration turned on.  Is this something that Adobe will fix or is it an IIS/IE issue.

It appears the Adobe removed the #1 config option that you lised in the new 11.x versions of both products.  The manage Add-ons does not disable the browser integration on the new Adobe versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My company is having the same issue.  I agree that users should not be expected to enable/disable features on the browser.  Adobe should address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please print your PDF File Using Adobe PDF Printer & then try to open it .

Also, Let me know how did you create those PDf files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pdfs are Internet content used by various vendor websites. The multi-page pdfs documents start to download and then they lock-up in IE. They work fine in all other non IE browsers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines