• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 10 won't start anymore

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love how you spend thousands to get the latest software from Adobe, and then when you simply need to open a PDF file right before a presentation, the application won't open.

Found one discussion that advises to uninstall and the reinstall.  Seriously?  And I need to download Adobe's special "the regular uninstaller process does not work so use our alternate" tool?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

I was searching for a solution online to my Acrobat XPro not working. I found a patch at the Adobe site. I tried to put the link up in another thread, & i don't know why it didn't work.

But here it is, I'll try again on this thread,

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 118 Replies 118
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out why Acrobat wouldn't start for me. I also had Acrobat reader installed. There is some kind of conflict between Acrobat Pro and Reader. Once I uninstalled Reader, Pro starts up without a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amrita - thanks, this has been very helpful.

One additional note being that in my case, I wasn't asked for the serial number on re-activation. I was a little concerned at first as I have a volume licensing account and a Creative Cloud license under the same Adobe ID but having checked with Adobe Support the correct license was used to re-activate the software. And Acobat works again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution shown in post 55 worked for me.  I have CS6 installed from scratch (not an upgrade) on Windows 7 64 bit.  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this is just astonishing. Here it is December 10, one month after I installed CS6 and today I'm having the same problem with Acrobat like everyone else. Just quits upon launch. And Adobe was apparently unable to fix this. This thread started back in June!

I tried to delete cashe.db and that worked for a moment, but now it's back to the crashes.

The $1000 I spent on this upgrade are the worst investment I ever made. Nothing works better than in CS3 and a lot works far worse, like this unbelievable drag.I should charge Adobe my hourly rate trying to solve this problem that would actually be theirs to solve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was searching for a solution online to my Acrobat XPro not working. I found a patch at the Adobe site. I tried to put the link up in another thread, & i don't know why it didn't work.

But here it is, I'll try again on this thread,

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas... it appears you have to do this every 30 days... and Adobe continues its downward spiral.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Randi for you hint.

It work by me, so now work Acrobat again

I hope Adobe soon make a update or a path so it work  perfeckt in the future.

Thank´s again Randi !!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Bad news sorry, it's been 30 days since followed the steps above and now Acrobat has stopped working again.  Exact same issue as before, I'm starting to wish I had never upgraded...  I bought CS6 Design Standard, middle of May, after 30 days Acrobat stopped working, full uninstall/reinstall, working again, and now after another 30 days it has stopped again.  I have deadlines to make, and losing half a day doing a full reinstall every month just doesn't cut it.

What information can I give you guys to get this sorted?  I haved used Acrobat since version 1 and been a ACE since 3.0, I also have a Visual Studio 2010 (C++ 32/64) and debugging tools on my machine.

Please help us to help you get this sorted.

Thanks,

Matt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timeshiftingnz -

I had the same thing happen also.  I don't know if you saw it, but on post #55 above Amrita posted a fix from adobe.  I was wary to try it after what Marktlmmon posted (post 67) happened when he tried it, but I had to get mine working so I held my breath and tried it and it got me back up and running... hopefully for good this time!

The only thing I noticed is when I did the fix I did have to be patient for a couple steps and give the system a moment to process things, but overall the whole thing probably took me five minutes.  Also, at least for me, I had to be  very careful in reading Amrita's steps so as not to accidently skip one due to the similarity of some steps.  I used Illustrator CS6 as my "other" adobe product to open each time.

Anyhow, we both got this problem around the same time and figured I'd share my experience this second time around.  Good Luck and hopefully we won't see each other posting about this again in 30 days....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheBitBug,

Just saw Amrita's fix just after I posted, followed an older email notification to this thread and missed some of the newer posts...  Going to try that now that fix now, hopefully it works here too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming Amrita's fix worked on the second attempt.  On the first go step 7 kept saying please connect to the Internet (even through I was).  I used Illustrator x64 as the other product on that attempt.  Restarted and tried using Photoshop 32bit, and it worked.  So not sure if it was using a 32bit CS app or the restart that helped, but Acrobat is running again now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! Glad to hear you are up and running again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround I have given is going to make AX run forever. Just to cross check that you have followed the steps correctly ...just forward your clock by 30 days  and launch acrobat a couple of times to see if its going to be fine...i assure you if you have followed the steps correctly, it will not bother you after 30 days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me. I purchased the Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium & now cannot even open Adobe Acrobat X Pro.  I've been researching trying to figure out what is wrong.

Hoping to find some answers....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks CyndiJ - will give this a shot - what I dread is when the several dozen deployments I've performed of CS6 recently all go belly-up... does Adobe expect me to manually go around uninstalling/reinstalling?  Haha - class action lawsuit in full effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would suck dude!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Running a Mac wit OS X.9.2 CS 5.5 Web Premium. All the programs in the suite will no longer function at all now and the adobe updater opens and immediately closes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to join the fray... same issue here up in Toronto (where the computers are colder so you'd figure we'd have a better time of it).

Good thing Acrobat stopped working right when I desparately needed to use it or I'd think Adobe had actually done something right for a change.  Phew - back down to earth - now if the Baltimore Orioles will just stop winning everything will be as it should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with Acrobat 10.3.1.

Bad on me I uninstalled it.

I have MasterCollection6, but how to just reinstall Acrobat?

Assuming the Acrobat problem gets fixed.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you have your installation files, just run the set-up.exe file from your CS6 original install files.

When that starts:

Click Install

Accept License Agreement

Enter serial number, click next

The Options Dialog box should come up. make sure the ONLY checked box is the Acrobat X Pro box.

Click through the install from there.

That should do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither this solution nor any of the myriad others on the web work for any length of time on my Windows 7 64 bit machine. Acrobat stopped launching at the 30 day mark, and while I can get it to start with this solution it always fails again within days.

I would think a company the size of Adobe would be embarassed enough by such an obvious gaffe that they'd want to get to the bottom of this and provide a fix. But here we are a month later....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening here.  I carried out a full system restore (Win7 x64) uninstalled Acrobat X in Programs and Features, uninstalled it in the CS webdesign programs as well to be on the safe side.  I then rebooted my PC and proceeded to reinstall it from the downloaded CS6 setup.exe which had the Acrobat X already checked for reinstall and left the other programs unchecked.  Installation took about 5-10 minutes and it reconnected to Adobe where I was required to re-enter the suite password.

It is working now for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious if this happened around the 30 day after you installed the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny you should say that....I installed CS6 on May 14  😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been asking people this and I believe, everyone has said they are hitting this at the 30 day mark.  If you look at post 41, I've pointed this out to the Adobe Employee David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines