• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 8 Pro not working on Windows 7 HELP!

Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional on my Windows 7 machine. The installation was succesful however I am unable to create a pdf (I have tried every way of doing so). It will say creating pdf but it will get stuck at 25%. I'm also unable to register, when I click on registration it says connection unsuccesful, I am connected to the internet and java applets are enabled.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

The two versions are not compatible. You need version 9.5 or higher of Acrobat for compatibility with Windows 7.

You can try running it in Compatibility Mode, but that's about it. Problems like this are to be expected...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two versions are not compatible. You need version 9.5 or higher of Acrobat for compatibility with Windows 7.

You can try running it in Compatibility Mode, but that's about it. Problems like this are to be expected...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's what I was worried about... I found a forum from a couple years ago which stated people were able to download the 8.1 update and that helped but I'm guessing that's no longer relevant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worth a try, I guess... It's available here (as well as several other updates for your version, which you need to install in incremental order, one after another): ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/8.x/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little concerned about how many separate downloads there are? Is this an Adobe site? Or where is this FTP directory from? Do you work for Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm a little concerned about how many separate downloads there are?

Why are you concerned because there are several files there?

Is this an Adobe site? Or where is this FTP directory from?

Yes, it's the official Adobe FTP site. Notice the URL is under the adobe.com domain.

Do you work for Adobe?

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines