• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC cannot print PDF files

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a customer having issues with printing PDF files.  They have Acrobat DC Standard, and can open any PDF just fine, however when attempting to print nothing happens.  Acrobat doesn't even appear to send the print job to the printer.  We've tested on multiple printers and the problem is the same.

I've ensured all correct and current printer drivers are installed

Acrobat Standard DC is up to date as of 2/10/16

The printer can print other jobs from other software (i.e. Word, Notepad, etc.) without issues

PDFs will print if I open them in Adobe READER and print from here; it is only within Acrobat DC that they will not print.

I've found numerous other forum posts on the same or similar topics and the best answer I've found is the mentioned workaround of printing from Adobe Reader.  Most mention that this is a problem Adobe has had for awhile (the most helpful forum thread dated back to May, 2014) but no one has an answer on what the problem is caused by and what solves it for good; only workarounds.

Is there any solution to this problem that I can apply and have the product working as intended for my customer?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Hi all,

We have released a patch today that fixes the Mac Printing issue that was recently introduced (with May 10th release). If you are not already updated to the latest patch, simply open Acrobat and visit Help > Check for updates to apply this patch.

More details about this release and bug fixes is available here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 193 Replies 193
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is similar.  I cannot open the Properties or Page Setup windows.  When I click on the buttons nothing happens.  I have tried multiple printers and nothing works.  Has anyone found a solution to these issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue.  Windows 7 64-bit OS, Xerox printers.  One thing I've been almost able to conclude is the lack of printing only happens if the end user opens a PDF within MS Outlook first.  MS Office 2010 32-bit.  When I had them close that pdf and open one locally or on the network and print, it went fine.  Then back in Outlook and it worked again.  Strange.  Need to call Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem.  I don't get an error message of any kind, but my "properties" button doesn't work and nothing prints after I hit the "print" button.  This happens when I try to print a document opened directly from Adobe DC, a web link, or any other .pdf.

I have searched and troubleshot every way I have found: uninstalling printers, downloading updated printer drivers, uninstalling & reinstalling Adobe DC software....the only thing that works for me is to log off my computer and then log back on.  Not super-convenient to do every single time I need to print a .pdf document.  It's almost understandable to have these kinds of bugs in the free version, but the full version?  Come on, Adobe.  This is ridiculous.

BTW, I have a Windows 7 64-bit OS.  My computer is only a month old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have 6 new laptops out of the box two weeks ago all have Office 2016 and Adobe Acrobat DC.  NONE can print from the Acrobat DC program after first opening the document or making an edit and saving it.

The steps that are reproducable to get a pdf to print is:

• Open and edit
  • Save
  • Close Acrobat
  • Open the document and then it prints to any printer (one of 6)

Come on Adobe pull your heads out of your butts and fix this!  Its a heck of a lot easier to justify a competitors product at a fraction of your cost.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are still having this issue and I have not heard anything yet.  Is there a support number to call?  I can't find one.  This is ridiculous  It says to post in the forums but there is no support here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is with Windows 7 and 8.  I have not tried with Windows 10 yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also on Mac OS X 10.10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Adobe has a big stinker on their hands AND REFUSES TO DO S H I T about it!!!

The trouble shooting steps Sukrit posted are crap!  Adobe is refusing to take responsibility for their own actions, or lack thereof.  Take a look in the mirror at your developers and come up with a solution that way.  Updated drivers just for Adobe products, come on do you think we are really that stupid????

How about a real solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the exact same problem here, none of us can print out of Acrobat, worked fine Friday, whats up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Fix it now...........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

huge issue - what is the problem!!

if you have an older version of Acrobat on your machine - use that to print - works. notify all of us when the issue is resolved - really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay here's a much better work around then uninstalling and reinstalling your printers. I just spoke to my support at Canon and I've downloaded Soda which is another free PDR reader software and it works fine and it works on Macs. I hope Acrobat allows this post to go through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my printer names have over 10 characters. However, today for the first time I still had trouble printing pdf's using Acrobat Pro (Windows 10 PC user). However, several minutes after rebooting my computer, while I was researching to find a fix and typing this note, one of my printers started printing the document.

Therefore, in my case, while it seemed the problem was "pdf's won't print" it was actually an "abnormally long wait" for the document to reach my printer. I know it is not a printer problem because I can print fast from other programs.

I hope Adobe doesn't quick fix the problem based on the "10 character assumption" without thoroughly testing for all of the potential print problems that appear to exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have released a patch today that fixes the Mac Printing issue that was recently introduced (with May 10th release). If you are not already updated to the latest patch, simply open Acrobat and visit Help > Check for updates to apply this patch.

More details about this release and bug fixes is available here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done!

Thank You!

Best regards,

Fabio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, this is only a fix for Mac OS?  Any idea when or if Windows will be addressed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when will the Windows one be released?  I don't even think the OP was regarding MAC.  So annoying...fix it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please advise when a patch for Windows will be available? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows-10 right mouse click and choose open with Edge [or other browser]

You can print a  PDF file from the browser just NOT from Adobe Reader or so it seems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good call - that's a neat way to get around the print problem if you are in a corner although the options for printing and other tools are limited or missing. As mentioned, you can use other browsers  to do this - I prefer Chrome myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please move this post to the top of this page. It appears to be the only solution that's working.

I have the same issue in 2018 and most of the queries listed here are from 2016. Two years and no solution? Unbelievable and ridiculous.

Thanks for suggesting this solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are a dealership in NYC and get a lot of pdf, dwg files from architectural firms.  We also have AutoCAD users and created pdf files for regular sales personnel.

Our issue is kinda similar to the thread here, mostly we print either on ARCH D or ARCH E, 24" or 36" respectively. 

When using Adobe Reader DC - it does not go out to the job.  At first, we thought it was the drivers from the print server, but after we tried printing on Nitro, (we use Nitro for PDF writer because is a lot cheaper than ADOBE!

Nitro was able to print on the same print driver with no issues.  So we replace the DC version back to version "X" and WHOA! Everything is printing fine again.

I think Adobe Reader DC has too many plugins - I don't know, attempted resolving this thru Adobe support but like someone said maybe they are busy counting their $$$ - I got NADA, no answer from them.

For now, we downgrade our version from "DC" to "X".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS QUESTION HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERED.  THERE HAS NOT BEEN A PATCH RELEASED FOR WINDOWS.  I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO PRINT FROM ADOBE SINCE MARCH.  THIS IS B.S.  A MAC FIX DOES NOT FIX EVERYONE.  YES, I AM YELLING ON PURPOSE.  PLEASE ADDRESS THE PROBLEM FOR WINDOWS!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what works?  Printing in Adobe Reader DC.  So don't waste your money purchasing a full version product from Adobe because they don't care about their customers (unless you own a Mac, apparently).  Just use the free version and purchase another .pdf program from another vendor.  Perhaps then you'll actually be able to use the product you purchased!  Because 3 months later and I STILL can't print from Adobe Acrobat DC in Windows.  But I'm glad the problem was "solved" for you Mac folks.  That's a load off my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree totally ridiculous I am going to fail a certification exam because I can't print test results to see what questions I answered correctly and which I didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines