• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Fill and Sign feature crashes program.

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I'm currently running into an issue with Acrobat DC's Fill and Sign feature for signing a document where any time I use fill and sign and type in ACC it crashes the entire program. I've tried running repairs on the program and uninstalling and reinstalling and it continues to do this. I'm trying to type in ACC because it is part of my job title but can't because it crashes after the second c is typed. It does not do this with any other AC combination, only ACC. It also doesn't matter if the letters are uppercase or lower case. It seems the letter combination itself is causing the crash. Has anyone come across an issue like this or know of a solution?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamesw,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

As the application crashes when you use the Fill & Sign feature, try the troubleshooting steps provided here

For Windows Resolve Acrobat DC intermittent crashes on Windows

For Mac Troubleshoot Mac OS 10.x system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Try once to fill the PDF online here Adobe Document Cloud using the Fill & Sign feature.

Open the link and sign in with your Adobe ID(email address).

Then go to Home and select Fill & Sign tool.

Check if you can fill the form without any issue there.

You may try recreating the application preferences. Refer to the steps mentioned here How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Let us know how it goes.

Feel free to update the thread if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's likely due to a bug in acrobat related to trying to prefill the text. I haven't found a way to turn off this stupid feature that keeps crashing adobe but it happens a lot. If you copy and paste the test it can get by it. Try typing "ACC " with the space and paste it into the box. The troubleshooting tips are just stupid. Sign into another computer account? How is that seriously a suggestion. Other option is to use the Edit tool and then add the text outside of the fill and sign tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening for me even after going through the steps you suggested.  In my case it isn't related to specific characters as far as I can tell.  It happens after the third or fourth use of a fill and sign feature.   This didn't happen prior to the update I let happen a week or two ago.  The first time I thought it was because I needed to reboot after an update, and today its well after that reboot.  Both times I ended up having to print the forms, fill them in by hand, and then scan them back in.   I pay for Adobe, and one of the few things I actually use it for isn't working.  I can't begin to convey my disappointment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been back and forth for weeks on this same issue and found many other posts that others are having the same problem.
Customer "service" has been more than useless in that they suggest the same things in all the threads that doesn't work at all.
It looks like it's crashing when it tries to autopopulate or "suggest" some field history.

For example, if you type "akhdakjlfhad" (mash the keyboard) it'll type no problem. But once you type a word, it tries to load suggestions and crashes. I've had their "help" take over my comp, watched them "reset, reinstall, update" despite me saying and doing that myself and have managed to find a temporary solution myself.

Go to your https://cloud.acrobat.com/ account via the web. Click on your icon on the top right, click settings and then uncheck "suggest words and phrases". Then close acrobat and it works for me now.

I say "temporary" because now I don't have the helpful option of quickly filling fields I use often. Frustrating to spend so much time on it and have to figure it out myself when they're paying people to spend literally hours and tell me it works fine until I explain and show them they're wrong... nice to know my monthly subscription is going to good use...

Hope it works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have released an update today for Adobe Acrobat 2015, Acrobat 2017 and Acrobat DC.

Please update the application to the latest version released for the application.

You may refer to the following link to check the latest versions available Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Let us know if you experience any issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue despite being on the latest release DC Apr 2019 (19.010.20100)

I have turned off "auto suggestions" as suggested in some work-around posts, to no avail.

"Fill and Sign" works in the browser-based service, but not in the downloaded Acrobat app, but that is not a real solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mac and this suddenly started happening two days ago. There are no updates. Yes, I have a monthly subscription, but if I can't sign documents, then it is useless. ADOBE - help!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In order to ascertain the root cause of the issue, I would want some more information :

1. Please provide Fiddler Logs. Below are the steps :
    • Run fiddler and go to ‘Tools->Options’
    • In HTTPS tab, ensure the checkboxes are checked: ‘Capture HTTPs connects’ and ‘Decrypt HTTPs traffic’.
    • Now let fiddler run and launch Acrobat and perform the same operation which causes Acrobat to crash.
    • Once complete do a save of data by ‘File->Save->All sessions’.
    • Please share this data

2. Kindly enable automatic crash dump generation on your machine by following the below steps :

You can mail the information directly to me at [Personal info removed by Mod: Email address. Send any private information using Direct/Private message How Do I Send Private Message ]

Regards,

Sandeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandeep,

I sent you an email regarding this. I think the solution is to just disable the automatic suggestions during the fill and sign. Please let me know how to disable this feature.

Thanks,

Millan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this exact same issue on one computer. Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Code and Craigw,

I have sent you a private message.

Please check your inbox and refer to the steps provided there.

Let us know if you need any help or experience any issue.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your fix worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the fix ? Having the same exact issue... Turning fill off the auto populate worked but that is a work around how was it fixed ?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send a message to meenakshin83966505 from the post right before mine. He's with Adobe and sent us the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi meenakshin83966505​,

Would you please explain the fix that worked for code0101 so the rest of us can resolve this too? Lots of people have this problem...not sure why it takes a private message unless it's a secret .

Thanks,

John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto.  Yes, the secrecy is very curious!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it would appear that multiple people are experiencing this issue, it would be in your best interest to provide everyone with this fix.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The fix for the issue has been identified and will be released in the next update.

We do appreciate your patience so far.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having exactly this problem I can't fill in more than a few fields without Acrobat crashing. I have tried reinstalling several times and even disabling the Auto Fill feature but yet it remains on and keeps crashing!

I have the latest Cloud update....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you tell us when we can expect the next update?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You found a fix and you will not share it with the rest of the world because....It will be fixed? GUESS WHAT?! It's not fixed. Why not share the fix so that we can do it ourselves because clearly your team has no clue how to fix it. This secrecy is beyond stupid! Over 9000 level stupid!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am new to this community chat.  I have the lastest update of Adobe DC 2020.012.20048 and experiencing the issues discussed.  Each time I try to use the "Sign Document by typing or drawing signature" within minutes my Adobe crashes and completely shutsdown.  IT spent countless hours running repairs, etc. and I am still having this issue.  

How can this be resolved?  Has anyone experienced this with the lastest update?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue - have reinstalled 5 times now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines