• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC - Turn off Mobile Link notifications

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first time I opened Acrobat DC after upgrading, I didn't mind the Mobile Link notifications - after all, it was a new feature, I like knowing about new features.

But to pop up another notification every time I open a document is incredibly distracting and annoying.

This is overkill, and hides part of my document for about 7 seconds, with no obvious way to close the notification.

AcrobatMobileLink.png

This small indicator is plenty to keep me informed that Mobile Link is off

AcrobatMobileOff.png

Please make it so that large Mobile Link notification does not persist after I've already ignored it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I just upgraded to DC yesterday and this is already bugging me. Part of my daily workflow involves opening multiple PDFs per hour, and seeing this little notification is driving me crazy. I ended up just enabling Mobile Link to get rid of it, although I'd rather not use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on this notification once. It should not appear for you in subsequent launches. If this does not work for you, please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, AmbooS, that did the trick! A suggestion for your UI/UX team: perhaps add as "click to dismiss" or a simple "x" button to that notification. My assumption was that clicking on it would enable Mobile Link, which I didn't want to do, and never thought it would simply remove the notification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mChestnut. We have taken your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AmbooS, why does the company insist on adding these items that have no switch to shut it off? I open .pdfs all day and sometimes the software is closed multiple times a day. I can't stand being force-fed product upgrades, features and cloud syncs when I've bought the products I wish to have. Does this notification have an off switch or am I FORCED to see it upon program load each and every time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SaucyRooster,

To close the notification, you can click on it once when it appears on opening a PDF. It should not appear for you in subsequent launches. If this does not work for you, please let us know.

Thanks,

-Amboo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work for me.  It won't allow me to click the X.  Any thoughts?  This is most annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on it only further delays reading the PDF as now you want to search documents. Just turn it off would be nice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to turn on Mobile Link.  I just want it to go away for ever.  This is the worst Adobe update of all time.  This design team should be sacked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Click on this notification once. It should not appear for you in subsequent launches.

On which HIG standard or UI precedent did you base your decision to disable the popup by clicking (anywhere) on it? That defies all logic, since clicking on popups causes more information about them to be displayed pretty much 100% of the time. Your matter-of-fact response seems to indicate you think we ought to know intuitively that this is how the popup works. Very bizarre!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get the "new features have arrived" popup to stop showing up every time I open a PDF. I've gone through it a number of times. I do not need to read it every time. How do you turn if off? It seems like every time there is an upgrade some issue happens which wastes hours of my time. Had a problem with the newest upgrade to Lightroom as well. Screwed up my workflow for hours. Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you solved this as I have just spent 30 mins in "chat" without any solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2015 Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can not disable "new features have arrived popup" and have case # 0187174996 as a follow up when I get my hearing aids.  Would like some suggestions.

Paul Koster

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue... even after following the fix(s) stated above,,,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AmbooS, I clicked on the introductory Mobile installation link, and it did appear in subsequent launches of Adobe DC and Adobe Reader.  How in the world do I stop this introductory link from opening everytime I open the software, and everytime I open a document?

Thanks, Patricia25907540vtta 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who inspired you (Adobe developers) to such a design?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an incredibly annoying notification with no obvious means of disabling.  The idea that just clicking on it may have made sense during development but it is counter intuitive for those of us trained not to click on ads or pop-up notifications that we're NOT interested in.  I update because of security not because I want to spend my morning learning about the latest features, how to disable notifications of new features, or how to get the default view back to the way it was before I updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi desnr,

We have taken your valuable feedback.

Thanks,

-Amboo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why I don't use Adobe Acrobat to view Adobe files. It's bloated, the interface is completely counter-intuitive and it pushes stupid notifications at me. I use PDF Xchange Viewer (a light, third-party PDF viewer) for viewing and only open Acrobat when I need to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you understand, that professional users of Adobe products have THOUSANDS of PDFs, We don't want to disable something 1000s of times. Just once, it is a work tool not some kind of game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I still don't like the initial notification either Frank6TG, I have to acknowledge that once you click on it to let Acrobat advertise to you just the one time, I haven't had to see it again since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, I didn't know how to get rid of it and thought I'd have to do it on ALL PDFs.

I was clicking the "X" instead of clicking on View recent (not intuitive choice because it says "View REcent to ENABLE" and I didn't want to enable EVER so I wouldn't normally click on that... SO therefore I thought I couldn't get rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly my largest complaint - Like you, I didn't want to enable, so I wouldn't click it either. In my opinion, it is a very poor  UI element. Glad to at least be rid of it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talking about UX ... duhhh

Once you have clicked on this (I absolutely agree, it is a very) annoying message, only then you get the option to turn it off, or at least to get rid of it.

It would be nice to have an 'X' (=close) on this pop-up in the first place to shut it down forever, unless you want to enable the proposed feature in preferences (although I can't find this back in Preferences, but that could just be me).

I'm pretty used to Adobe interfaces, but this one was frustrating me a lot (hmmm, an understatement).

Thanks to this forum where I found out how to get rid of it.

But I sincerely hope this is not a new Adobe policy ... "Hi happy user, join our forum (community) if you want to know how to turn certain features on or off" ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines