• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Exits when trying to view interactive PDFs

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to view an Interactive PDF with video embedded I get the following message 'This PDF cannot be viewed in Acrobat or Reader, and the application will now exit'. This only happens when I try to view a page in the PDF that has video embedded, I can view any other page in the PDF with no issues. This happens if I have created the PDF (from InDesign) or I try to open a PDF created by another person. Anyone having the same issue and any idea why this may be happening? I am on a MacBook Pro, macOS Mojave 10.14.4 Beta using the latest versions of Indesign and Acrobat DC.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Hey Fill32, 

As shared, that this problem only appears when you try to view the pdf generated from InDesign. Have you tried any other pdf that has a video embedded in it but created using Acrobat or any other pdf creator? Does it work or play the video for you?

Check the following-

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is really old, but I just ran into this with Adobe Standard 2020 and Windows 11 22H2.  I had this same issue with 3D rendering using AutoDesk PDFs.  Plain old Adobe Reader would open them, but Standard would not.  I went to Edit-->Preferences--> Multimedia & 3D and changed the Renderer Options-->Preferred Renderer:  Software (in the drop down, mine was at DirectX 9).  Reader also had "Enable playing of Multimedia and 3D content" unchecked.  It then opened the file without a hitch, but I know this is for a different program so who know if it will also work in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines