• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat license too expensive?

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  I just learned that for me to upgrade from my Acrobat X Pro to DC it costs $499.  That sounds outrageous to me!

At that price, I have to question whether I can get done what I need to get done without Adobe.  Seems like they are greedy and pricing the individual user out of their business.

Sounds silly to me, but it's there business to lose my business.

Anyone have any good suggestions for tools to replace Acrobat X Pro and Live Cycle Designer?

d.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually they are encouraging you to subscribe instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer.  I hate subscriptions.  They are the gift that keep on giving.

Don't want to lose Designer.  Have to re-install Windows this week and that means re-installing X.  Hope Adobe doesn't give me grief because I've upgraded so many times in the past 20 years that I now need to give them a code and they need to give me a response code.  But they don't support X anymore.  Not sure what this means.

Got a PM from someone at Adobe.  Haven't talked to them.  We'll see what happens.

Thanks,

d.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and you will lose Designer if you upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bear in mind most PMs are scammers. If they suggest Skype it's certain they are a scammer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note taken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous. So let me get this straight...you no longer have the cost of CDs to distribute so your solution is eliminate the CDs and jack the price up to ridiculous levels. To pay hundreds of dollars a year? LOL when you used to buy a CD and it was multiple years before you had to upgrade. Ahhh shareholder dividends. Well I don't play that game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You really think the cost of a CD is what changed the price of the application? To a large company it was probably cents.

In the past you had to upgrade every couple of years and that cost a lot. Now you get constant updates, and pay a smaller amount each month. In monetary terms the difference isn't huge.

You can still get a "perpetual" license for Acrobat, by the way, if you don't like the subscription version for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines