• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI vs DC

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the Acrobat XI trial and I was ready to buy and then it said to try the new improved Acrobat DC.  I do not want to buy XI if DC is much easier and better.  They appear to be the same price.  I am mainly usuing Acrobat for creating fillable forms, applications and such.  Can anyone tell me which would be the best buy?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stopped selling XI when DC came out, so unless you want to buy from a

reseller you don't have much options anyway.

On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 12:31 AM, FrozenInAlaska <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link comparing the two versions

Plans and pricing: Compare versions | Adobe Acrobat DC

If you're mainly using acrobat for fillable forms and e-signatures, Acrobat DC is by far the better choice. There are many more features for scanning, creating, and formatting fillable forms. You can even "fill out" a form that is not formatted for fillable forms. You simply place a text box, check mark, or signature field anywhere on the page. However, it's important to note that several of the features require you to purchase the program through a subscription pricing model (rather than purchase it outright).

You can try out Acrobat DC and see which version you like best and which version works best for you. Below is a link to the trial version of Acrobat DC.

Download Adobe Acrobat free trial | Acrobat Pro DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I'm using Acrobat DC and trying to fill in a fillable form with calculations.  There is not a calculations button in the properties.  Do you know of a way i can do this with DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't see a Calculate tab in the properties of a text field, then click on Tools - Prepare Form and then click on "More" at the right side of the window and then on "Revert to Acrobat Form".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Acrobat XI Pro but I'm not able to covert Arabic documents to word. After conversion, the font does not show correctly. Is there any way to rectify this? Its for my organization and being in UAE, there are several documents in Arabic. Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known Acrobat limitation. The export function does not yet properly handle right-to-left languages including Arabic, Farsi, and Hebrew.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is new for me. I bought a new Computer, with new versions of Windows and Office.

However, I dumped my old computer, and thought that I could buy the upgrade as I had Adobe already when I bought that computer used in 2014,

However it wants to charge me full amount unless I remember my Serial Number, which I don't think I ever wrote down anywhere. Is this standard?

I paid $200 for the Upgrade with Paypal, and after I install the upgrade they are asking me to do the 30 Day trial, and now I will probably not get back my money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever register the old version? The serial number for it should be available in your products page under adobe.com, after you log in.

If you didn't and you can't find the serial number then you can ask for a refund for what you bought and change it for a full license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I did not register as far as I know, it came with the computer when I bought it used. I called the Service department this morning, and the serviceman told me he had to transfer me to another department as he did not handle that. Now, I have been waiting for 1 hour and 25 minutes listening to the same song over and over. I have to head out for my class, which is at 1pm. Is this standard service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it came with the computer (OEM software) I don't think it's eligible for an upgrade anyway.

I can't comment about Adobe's customer service standards, but they're typically not very high, unfortunately. I would just hang up and call again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I was thinking of cancelling the software before, my thinking is over. This is nuts, first the upgrade should not been sold to me if they did not have me on their files and now this waiting. I can get Nuance OmniPage Ultimate at the university for a mere $80 which is less than 1/2 of this useless upgrade. Thanks for advice, I honestly appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a side-note: If you're a student you're probably eligible for a

discount on Acrobat as well...

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 5:51 PM, k. ramcharanm19570194 <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again. My problem now is that I hung up, and can't get the right customer care again. I am a student at the Brandon University in Manitoba Canada. I will keep trying to regain contact. Take care, you have been a great help, especially in calming me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't get help post here again and I'll ask someone from the Adobe staff that hangs around here to help you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uninstalled the Trial Pro DC and reinstalled it. I also bought the Student Version, and it should be here in 7-10 Days. I don't use many of the Pro version features anyway. I finally reached the Customer Service and they will refund the upgrade costs. You have been great and helpful. Thanks ever so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you were able to sort it out...

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 9:23 PM, k. ramcharanm19570194 <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

k. ramcharanm wrote:

I also bought the Student Version, and it should be here in 7-10 Days. I don't use many of the Pro version features anyway...

Actually the Student edition is the Pro version – it's called the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Student and Teacher Edition... It's the licensing that's different.

If you're wondering what's changed in the new DC 2016 release vs. the 2015 release and older versions, this post gives the details:

What’s the Difference Between Acrobat DC 2016 vs. 2015 vs. Acrobat XI & X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found Adobe's customer support okay so far, but I've used "Chat", rather than phoning. In each case, someone has helped me quickly, although one guy did give me incorrect information. I'd just bought CC (All apps) and asked whether Typekit Portfolio was included in that. He said no. I subsequently found on my "Account" page that the answer was yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you're absolutely right.

The Typekit Portfolio plan (with the full font library for web and sync use, normally $49.99/year) is included with most paid Creative Cloud memberships, except for the CC Photography plans and the Acrobat single-app plans.

Whereas the Typekit Free plan is available to everyone at no cost via the free level of Creative Cloud membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines