• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation not working

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm...is this the place to post a question?  Not sure where I can find New Post?  Just trying my luck here....cannot find the link where I have been instructed to go....

I have problem activating my Acrobat V8.  This was purchased in 2013 and understand now that there will be several updates etc.  I did see a Acrobat XI though I can't tell when it was there.  Updates from 8?

I have to re-installed Acrobat 8 again as I had just recently recovered from blue-screen-of-death from Win 10 updates.

Any help would be appreciated ...am just trying to do the right thing here.

Thanks
Sab

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is acrobat 8 is the latest version for which you own a license, you cannot 'update' to 9,x, xi or dc.

you can update 8 here if and when you get it installed, http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

but you can expect problems installing on win 10 and if you do manage to install you can expect problems with, at least, some features like printing etc.

in any case, what problem do you have with activation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply kglad.

Ooooh bugger!!  Win 10 is really killing me (so much problem with everything)!

I have successfully re-installed Acrobat 8 with the disk but when doing activation, it said that the serial is invalid.  I have checked and tried at least 2-3x (just to make sure I have the numbers right).  If I can't activate my Acrobat 8 licence, what happen?

I will refer to your link re the updating of Acrobat 8 once I settle the activation problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is your acrobat 8 part of a suite?

is your acrobat 8 an upgrade from acrobat 7?

is your acrobat 8 a volume licensed product?

and here are other ways your installation files can mismatch your serial number, Error: "The serial number is not valid for this product" | Adobe Creative Suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it was a newly purchased Adobe Acrobat 8 with its own disk from a reputed electronic store.  I didn't have any problem installing it before nor now on Win 10 but the activation is not accepting the serial number as valid - I'm lost!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using the same disc supplied by that vendor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is the same disc supplied by that vendor (purchased in 2013).  Not that the message come up with invalid serial number, how can I go about doing the due updates etc if I'm not a 'licensed' user? 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried calling Adobe Support and was told that my serial number has been hacked??  From Nigeria only recently!  What the??!!  If I need them to fix it, it'd cost AUD300.  Otherwise I would need to purchase a new Adobe for AUD450.

In short, should I continue to use, I would be getting more problem.  HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems very suspicious for several reasons. I think you have been scammed by fake support, very likely. Did you Google for a support number? The scammers manage to get themselves top of that list, and they will say anything to get your credit card number and online access to your computer to plant viruses. Did you let them have access or give a card number? What number did you dial?

That said, there's also something odd about the original purchase. Nobody should have sold you version 8 in 2013, it was obsolete five years before that. This is why you can't upgrade and why it doesn't work in modern systems, it's now 10 years old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm....that's is what we don't want to hear! 😞

This is the number i called: Adobe Support Australia Phone Number +(61) 283206002 I have recorded the so-called Job/Reference number and no I have not given any other info apart from my Adobe signin (whereby I have changed the password since then which may/not help).

So where  to from here since I have legitimately bought the software?  Uninstall the re-installed AA 8 Standard?  Or do I just leave it without being activated (since it comes up with invalid serial)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines