• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Crashing with High Sierra

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since updating to macOS High Sierra, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC has been frequently crashing (application immediately closes and any unsaved files are not saved).

This crash frequently happens when trying to save a file and always happens when trying to save a document comparision file. The crash has also occurred under a variety of other conditions that I can't always replicate.

Any suggestions would be very helpful as these crashes are wreaking havoc with my workflow!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 117 Replies 117
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be for adobe to ensure their products work on supported platforms and in this regard to provide a hint of support.

While they are happy to take my money for a subscription they are not happy to provide any support beyond the community with no means to escalate.

It is the ONLY app having issues on my mac with high sierra.

If they are unable to properly support the platform then they should not offer software for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where does it say that Acrobat DC is (currently) compatible with HS? In fact, here it is not mentioned at all:

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Acrobat Standard DC system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With each new version of MacOS it is the same song and the same complaints from those who rush on the updates.

Endless loop…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried a full uninstall and a repair and the issue persists for me.  Pretty much any task causes a crash.  I've also tried resetting the Prefs as suggested in another post with no change.

12" Macbook with High Sierra and Acrobat Pro DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue - after CC updated 9 apps.  Mac IOS Sierra.  Acrobat will not open, "Is not responding."  This happened a few months ago and someone posted a link to an older version of Acrobat which worked.  Anyone have it???  Stupidly, I did not keep it.  Booted, rebooted, uninstalled, reset prefs, nothing.  Nothing opens.  This is an urgent issue for many of us, is Adobe there?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe did their last update and all went on vacation. I have been on the phone with Adobe for a total of 5 hours over this issue to no avail in the last two days!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the advice of Manof2010 and downloaded the free trial of pdf pen.  There is a watermark with the trial version, but if all you have to do is read it, it is fine.  $78 for the full version.  Is Adobe listening?????  None of us have time to play with their mistakes.

PDF Editor - PDFpen - Edit PDF Files | Smile Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All. I got a subscription today of Acrobat Pro DC and installed it on my Macbook Pro running High Sierra. I'm editing a 90+ page PDF file for work and the deleting of text works fine, BUT when I add a footer, it is all rectangles.

What can I do to fix this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cry, and cry a lot. Because you’re uo a river without a paddle. Adobe hasn’t fixed any of our problems. Hope your job doesn’t depend on that document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only way it works is if I DON"T use the application on my computer....go to their website

https://cloud.acrobat.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I'm trying to create forms, and that is not possible on the web version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are working on the crasher on High Sierra and a private build is ready with the fix. Anyone interested in collaborating with us in testing out the fix privately, please drop me an email ajjain[at]adobe.com.

Regards

Ajay Jain

Adobe Document Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried to install the latest version on High Sierra, today, and i cannot even get past the stage where i need to "unzip" the .dmg  image downloaded.

And Mac users lets not be too tough on ourselves, i have Windows 10 running and the same software crashed on that operating system as well, when i try to complete a form Acrobat   hangs and the only way out is to force kill it with all work lost.\

thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m willing to test.

trina chambard

[personal information removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[If you are posting using email, please turn your 'sig file' function OFF for posting]

[WARNING - Adobe does not use Skype, so BEWARE of someone contacting you via Skype and claiming to be from Adobe]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? I've already wasted so many billable hours dinking around with this. Tire of Adobe costing me money

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pre-release code appears to work. At last!

Need to see how stable it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same happening with me - and no fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC Pro works on my 2016 MBP running OSX 10.13.1. But I wasn't able to print to my HP color laser CP4520. I was able to print the pdf if I open in Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for 2 days.  It crashed.  Now my alternative program (Smile PDF) is having minor issues.  Uninstalling Adobe.  It will not even open.  Just sits in the tray doing nothing.  Please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has got to be one of the more annoying aspects of CC.   I went through this same issue before I switched to High Sierra and low and behold the issue returned when I updated to High Sierra today. 

What I did was uninstall Adobe Pro DC and reinstalled and older version  Build: 15.20.20039.203716

The challenge with installing an older version Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X is that you need to have a serial number, fortunately I kept an older version of my companies enterprise version so I can easily reinstall and has resolved the issue, last time this happened I installed an older version then updated to the newer version at all was well.   Not saying this will work for everyone just offering my 2 cents in hopes that it may help a few of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too was having the same issue and had read on another forum that installing the latest Java version helped them.  I have had my Mac for over a year and have never installed Java and Adobe worked fine for me with out Java .... until I upgraded to High Sierra.  So, out of pure desperation, I installed Java and what do you know?  Adobe is no longer crashing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem here. My macOS version is 10.13.1. Whenever I launched Acrobat Pro with a new file, Acrobat would initially lose response for about 10 seconds before it started working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Acrobat DC on High Sierra and it crashes daily.  The version number of Acrobat DC I have is 2018.009.20050 and I am running macOS version 10.13.2.

When I check for updates of Adobe Acrobat DC, as of today January 2, 2018 there are no new updates.

Adobe Acrobat DC crashes daily in the middle of my work.  It crashes randomly.  It causes data loss.  It causes lost billable hours for my business.

I am running it on a Mac Pro with six processors and 128 GB of RAM so it isn't computing resource related.   Adobe Acrobat DC did not crash like this before I updated to macOS High Sierra.   I have experienced crashes of Microsoft Office applications but there were frequent releases and the problems with those applications appear to have fixed the stability issues.

Adobe Acrobat DC continues to crash in OS X High Sierra regardless of any of the suggestions or fixes I have read in this thread or any other thread from Adobe.  I am running Java, and that doesn't prevent Adobe Acrobat DC from crashing for example.   It is getting frustrating and impacting my productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having read some of this thread I de-installed acrobat and re-installed. That has worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone

Katy Thorne

Doughty Street Chambers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened on mine is it failed to include 3 folders in the system library/Application Support. Reinstalling fixes that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines