• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version:2019.021.20058 cuts off top and bottom of monitor

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to edit documents (several documents, but one after the other, not at the same time), the top and bottom (about 1 inch) of each monitor goes black.  I have tried replacing docking stations and monitors - to cover some of the possible hardware issues, however, since the screens do not act up until Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is used, I am strongly leaning towards an issue with the Adobe software.

The setup is a Dell Lattiude latpop connected to a USB Pluggable dock with an additional 2 monitors.

The monitors do not act up in any way until Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is used, so this problem seems to be caused by this application.

I saw a couple of older posts which deal with changing the document setting for PDF/A View mode to Never and will try this setting, however, since the post was so old, I was not certain if the problems were the same or not.  This does not have to do with the positioning of the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC window on the screen, but, as I mentioned above, the top and bottom 1" of the screen is black on the monitors.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see if your video card drivers are up to date. Don't trust the OS update--find out your video card brand and model; go directly to the video card maker's website and locate the latest video card driver.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - we will investigate this possibility.  Since this only happens when Adobe software is used, I had not prioritized this as possibly a solution, so will looke to update the driver, as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SRI_SB

++ Adding to the suggestion by IDEAS-Training

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or With all the PDFs you open with Acrobat DC? If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing via private message. Click on the message icon on the top right corner to start the private message.

Please try the following settings and see if that works:

- Go to Edit > Preferences > General > Scale for screen resolution, select  No Scaling.

- Go to Edit > Preferences > Page Display >Select, Show large images under page content and information.

Also, please share the screenshot of the issue you are experiencing so we can look into it and assist you better.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I will look into thses settings changes and will continue to investigate if this helps.  With the holidays, it migth be a while before we can get this fully tested, but will share the results, when known.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

You are welcome. Please let us know the results. We are happy to help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines