• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe doesnt remember last save location

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we save pdf documents from Outlook Adobe does not remember the last save file location.  It takes us back to a temp location.

How do we fix this?

Adobe Standard 11.0.20; Windows 10

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Sandbox was already turned off. My issue started when an Adobe update was installed.Here's what i did to resolve this issue. 

I installed Adobe Reader DC; Rebooted PC; Made Reader default; Confirmed "Save" function returns you to last saved location by saving a document twice.  Opened Adobe Standard, Changed it to default; Saved a file twice to confirm it returned me to last "save" location.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davidf,

As per the description, Acrobat doesn't remember the last folder when "Save as" in Outlook, Is that correct?

The Acrobat XI does not remember the last folder location during 'Save As' operation, Sadly, there isn't much that can be done to make changes.

You may refer to the following threads: Acrobat doesn't remember the last folder when "Save as"  and can try the steps from: Can Adobe Reader XI have a default setting when saving so it defaults to the last location a documen...

Feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandbox was already turned off. My issue started when an Adobe update was installed.Here's what i did to resolve this issue. 

I installed Adobe Reader DC; Rebooted PC; Made Reader default; Confirmed "Save" function returns you to last saved location by saving a document twice.  Opened Adobe Standard, Changed it to default; Saved a file twice to confirm it returned me to last "save" location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davidf,

Great! Good to hear that you got it fixed, and thank you so much for sharing the steps.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has Adobe fixed this problem yet? I have Adobe Pro and cannot install Reader just to make these moves.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines