Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Protect Issues

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community,

I currently have an active Adobe Acrobat Pro Plan Subscription since 15th December 2023 at £19.97 per month

I am selling products of my own design, through my own Wordpress website, utilising Woo-Commerce software

These Products include e-books, Educational and Other Teaching Resources

I intend to use the Adobe Acrobat Protect Tools in order to Password Restrict Access and prohibit the editing or copying of my Product files which are to be available as Digital Download Files via my Wordpress website

I have protected a complete Teaching Resource Package and two e-books in this manner, but I have encountered a serious problem during Beta-testing, whereby my customer received the files, but was unable to Unlock and Access the files using the relevant (accurate & exact) Password for the files, and furthermore, when the customer sent me a forward of the email containing the file, 1) I also was unable to access said file using said Password, and 2), I realised that the customer had in fact demonstrated that the file Could be duplicated via forwarding of the relevant Download email!

I would like for you guys to consider my issues in this situation and to provide me with some suitable advice on how to overcome this obstacle to my sales

Thanks

Sincerely,

Mr T Bryan – Director at TTRT & TTCT108 UK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Unless you spend a lot of money on a DRM solution there's no real way to do it. A person will always be able to send someone else the file with their password. Also, some PDF viewers don't enforce these security policies at all, and allow files to be opened even without the password, or will remove the policy entirely. That is more tricky if it's a file-open password, but not impossible.

One possible workaround is to embed the person's name in the file (as a watermark, for example). That might c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ron Tyan ,

This seems like an issue related to Adobe Acrobat Pro. Hence, I will be moving this post to the Adobe Acrobat Community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ICharles!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for a DRM solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Bernd Alhelt, I will definitely get one of those no I know what it is! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you spend a lot of money on a DRM solution there's no real way to do it. A person will always be able to send someone else the file with their password. Also, some PDF viewers don't enforce these security policies at all, and allow files to be opened even without the password, or will remove the policy entirely. That is more tricky if it's a file-open password, but not impossible.

One possible workaround is to embed the person's name in the file (as a watermark, for example). That might cause them to think twice before sharing it, as it would be clear who did it and they'll be open to legal action against them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you try67! I felt that was the case but basically found it hard to believe! #Naive much.. Thanks for Your and everyone elses responses, I will now definitely look into a DRM solution - Still using Adobe for Photoshop and Premiere Pro though! Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines