Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader AdobeARM.exe error

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have this issue for already maybe 4 years at least with constant message pops-out after 20-30 sec when I opening any PDF file. I attached the photos. 

Basically, when I press YES, it leaves me in the app and I continue to work. Otherwise, if I press NO, it just quit the app and leaves me the message shown on 2nd photo.

I tried to reintall the app, to delete anything I can find, updates, repairs, nothing helped so far.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Well, the file AdobeARM.exe belongs to Adobe Reader, not Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

From other guidance that I've read before, and it is safe to remove if you don't have Reader installed anymore.

But from the screenshots provided, if you're using Reader DC only in that computer, make sure that you're not trying to use an editing feature that requires a paid subscription of Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like you have, or used to have, a parallel installation of Adobe Reader DC with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

If you have Adobe Reader installed remove it or repair that installtion if you still want to have it installed.

If you've removed that software already, you may need to manually delete some entries for Adobe Reader in the Program Files(x86)\Adobe file path (or similar), or use the Acrobat Cleanup and Repair Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure, if I ever accidently installed Pro version. But just now, I again double checked as far I could every folder, tried to delete everithing I could fine related to Adobe Reader, reintsalled again and same exact issue, after spending 20-30 seconds inside the app it will launch the same question again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the file AdobeARM.exe belongs to Adobe Reader, not Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

From other guidance that I've read before, and it is safe to remove if you don't have Reader installed anymore.

But from the screenshots provided, if you're using Reader DC only in that computer, make sure that you're not trying to use an editing feature that requires a paid subscription of Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I did delete AdobeARM.exe and it seems to be working so far. I did not do any "Repair Installation" anymore or any other cleaning procedures.

The only question am I am losing autoupdate function, I cannot initiate "Check for updates" either? But it is ok with me, I gonna track updates myself then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I doubt it. The update funcionality is handled by a different execution programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines