• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Resource Synchronizer suddenly causing a pop-up

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any idea why all of a sudden I'm getting a periodic pop-up window whenever I open/print a PDF?  The pop-up says:

"AdobeResourceSynchronizer wants to use your confidential information stored in 'v3.services.acrobat.com' in your keychain.  Do you want to allow access to this item?"

The options are either Always Allow, Deny, or Allow.  I have been clicking Deny every time (screw this!), but it keeps popping up.  Can I remove this f-ing thing from my Mac altogether??

I have Acrobat Pro with the monthly subscription, and I'm running OSX Version 10.11.6.

TIA.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Hi Kristaj,

As per the description above, you want to disable the Adobe Resource Synchronizer which is popping  up while opening/printing any PDF, Is that correct?

Please try the steps from the following link: https://answers.acrobatusers.com/I-m-getting-every-half-an-hour-the-reguest-from-AdobeResourceSynchronizer-It-wants-to-use-my-keychain-servicesa-q8523.aspx

You may also refer to the thread: How to disable AdobeResourceSynchronizer?

Let us know, how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kristaj,

As per the description above, you want to disable the Adobe Resource Synchronizer which is popping  up while opening/printing any PDF, Is that correct?

Please try the steps from the following link: https://answers.acrobatusers.com/I-m-getting-every-half-an-hour-the-reguest-from-AdobeResourceSynchr...

Let us know, how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was able to disable it (I think).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried removing it but still pop up when open a pdf file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janet Fung,

Please follow the instruction from the following thread: How to disable AdobeResourceSynchronizer?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bobs82410472

I too have seen this a maddening number of times over the past month.  I have REMOVED it from my system as suggested twice only to have it start again after several days.  I am close to removing the entire product if I can find another product that will accomplish similar use.  This program is supposed to be a tool for me to use in my course of business responsibility.  Denying this access 40-60 times a day when using this program is unacceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac: Go to System Preferences.  Click on Users & Groups.  Click on your user name.  Click on tab that says Login Items.  Uncheck Adobe Synchronizer.  Click on lock to save changes.  Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that clicking on the item only hides it. if you want to remove it from automatically loading when you log in, you must click on the minus sign at the bottom of the box while the item is highlighted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bobs,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps from the following link: https://answers.acrobatusers.com/I-m-getting-every-half-an-hour-the-reguest-from-AdobeReso urceSynch...

Hope this helps, and keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the suggested fix and it works for a short while then goes back to the pop up. I was hoping most recent update would address this but didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello bobs82410472

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused.As you mentioned that you downloaded the latest updates but it did not fix  the issue. Please try to repair the installation files of Acrobat or Reader installed from Help menu>Repair installation(only for Windows)

Restart the computer once and check if this brings any difference.

If the issue persists, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Pro.

Mac system.

Bob Slechta

[perosnal info removed by moderator: email and phone number]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried every suggestion - nothing works.  Pop-up continues every time I open a PDF doc.  Can't even find Adobe Resource Syncronizer on my iMac (OS 10.13.1), using Firefox Quantum (v57).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kronmanaj,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please try the steps from the following link: https://answers.acrobatusers.com/I-m-getting-every-half-an-hour-the-reguest-from-AdobeReso urceSynch...

You may also refer to the thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/822790

Check for the latest update of Acrobat/Reader  Help>Check for updates. You can also download the updates manually through  Overview — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes  Link: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html

Once the updates are installed, restart the computer.

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with this pop-up. I've tried removing from activity monitor and users but it just reappears - v frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello peterg75661941

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please check for the latest updates from Help menu>Check for updates.

You may also download the latest updates manually from Overview — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes

Restart the computer once and check if this brings any difference.

If the issue persists, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This not addressed to me.

Bob Slechta

[perosnal info removed by moderator: email and phone number]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bob,

We apologize for the inconvenience, please use the Acrobat cleaner tool to remove the Acrobat once Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Restart the machine and install the Acrobat Pro from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried everything in this forum and it keeps coming back. Using Acrobat Pro XI; only started doing this after I gave the DC a tryout. DUmped that app, and the problem will not go away.

I guess Adobe's not supporting XI anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, peterpica. Either acting with compliance to their strategy as they officially make it clear or after reading these forums (or even this thread and the threads alike) they pulled their PDF services for Acrobat 11 downwards lately. I had the confirmation on their part having contacted Adobe Care Support on Twitter. They told that as soon as an Acrobat product had been discontinuted so had been the PDF services. and advised me to go with the manual way. It sucks but I guess we have no choice from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another reason to abandon Adobe. Switching to Quark 1st. Too bad. 

from... Peter StremicPETERPICA Productionswww.peterpica.competer@peterpica.com215.961.7979Daily: 10-12, 1-4 & 7-9Weekends: Pot luck"If it's not worth doing well, it's not worth doing at all."  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever happened to the customary 7 years of support for software releases? 

from... Peter StremicPETERPICA Productionswww.peterpica.competer@peterpica.com215.961.7979Daily: 10-12, 1-4 & 7-9Weekends: Pot luck"If it's not worth doing well, it's not worth doing at all."  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am utterly frustrated by this ridiculous bug. Before answering, would the support person PLEASE VERIFY THAT THE PROPOSED SOLUTION ACTUALLY WORKS so that this issue can be closed.   The only other option is to permanently remove all of the Adobe junk from my machines and buy a product that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in complete agreement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the solution described by Anand Sri. worked for anyone?

I am really weary of going ahed with this woithout confirmation tha it indeed removes the:""AdobeResourceSynchronizer wants to use your confidential information stored in 'v3.services.acrobat.com' in your keychain.  Do you want to allow access to this item?" problem.

Thanks,

Fabio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines