• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Resource Synchronizer suddenly causing a pop-up

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any idea why all of a sudden I'm getting a periodic pop-up window whenever I open/print a PDF?  The pop-up says:

"AdobeResourceSynchronizer wants to use your confidential information stored in 'v3.services.acrobat.com' in your keychain.  Do you want to allow access to this item?"

The options are either Always Allow, Deny, or Allow.  I have been clicking Deny every time (screw this!), but it keeps popping up.  Can I remove this f-ing thing from my Mac altogether??

I have Acrobat Pro with the monthly subscription, and I'm running OSX Version 10.11.6.

TIA.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Hi Kristaj,

As per the description above, you want to disable the Adobe Resource Synchronizer which is popping  up while opening/printing any PDF, Is that correct?

Please try the steps from the following link: https://answers.acrobatusers.com/I-m-getting-every-half-an-hour-the-reguest-from-AdobeResourceSynchronizer-It-wants-to-use-my-keychain-servicesa-q8523.aspx

You may also refer to the thread: How to disable AdobeResourceSynchronizer?

Let us know, how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and it is very frustrating

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it's a maddening issue indded, at time resembling a comedy of horror and despair. Countless hours, many-many days, trying to figure out a solution by browsing useless Adobe support articles, forums, starting conversations feeling like voice in the wilderness. I'm exhausted.  No suggestions as to how to fix this issue for sure but silly rigmarole resembling an Oriental marketplace with traders trying  their hardest to push on you every junk wrapped in the nicest definitions of variegated packing but nothing on substance and low rate quality.

My story: never a sympathiser of Adobe. Having to use their Indesign and Illustrator I wanted to read and download their guides on scripting these apps. Any of my browsers wasn't able to process it, neigther was Preview, so without having a viable alternatibe had to download their free Adobe Reader (after wasting another hours of my life figuring out what kind of numerous product lines of their wonderful Acrobat family means what: these are tough and their naming scheme is certainly is going to encourage everyone to fall to buying their stuff like hot pancakes). So did I. All went fine (meaning I was able to read and view PDFs of their own authorship) until I tailored it to use its "cloud" features to sync PDFs that I was working with and it was not some demanding, heavy loaded tasks - just making annotations. Adobe Reader 11.0.23 (the latest of v11) for which they ended their support only in October of the last year, so "end-of-cycle" arguments are plain dumb and annoying.

It was OK for maybe 2 weeks until that "syncronizer.app wants to use your keychain" erupted from nowhere. Since I know OS X pretty well I went to Keychain.app right from the start. The recommendation to manually add the app by deleting the entry and then to re-login with the Adobe ID worked only once. I noticed that in v3 entry there was only Adobe Reader but not synchronizer.app as it should be. Any attempts to force it to join the list of apps with access granted have failed. Deleting and reinstalling Reader had only short-term effect. Now I lost not only ability to sync my changes ("Saving to Acrobat.com" in Adobe's jargon) but my recent changes I made on my Mac as well.

I want to add that  I'm using WinPC at work (they don't have Macs unfortunately) with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2018.009.20050 installed.  It works flawlessly, syncing, uploading and downloading to/from Document Cloud, saving - all works as expected.

For the latest couple of weeks through my quest for the Magic Solution I noticed only one common trait - this garbage hit only Mac machines and (the most important part) not only those with latest versions of both OS X and Acrobat but with older ones as well. I'm on Lion, using the most up-to-date iteration of Adobe Reader v11 and still am plagued by it. I don't believe solution will be discovered (SOLUTION, not an occasional tweak).

Oh, and as Jobs used to tease us "one last thing": what if the ultimate solution would be to kill it for good, I mean obliterate that Synchronizer.app entirely? Just as an experiment but this helper app resides inside the main Adobe Acrobat Reader.app bundle.

Navigate to /Applications folder, find Adobe Reader (or whatever breed you're using) right-click, then hit "Show Package Contents", in the search field of the newly opened Finder window type "synchronizer.app" or just "synchronizer"  and upon reveal of all objects bearing this keyword in its names track down with care the one that you want: AdobeResourceSynchronizer.app. Highlight it and click "Delete". You'll be prompted to your user account password. If something goes wrong after doing that you retain the option to put this masterpiece of software engineering back because Finder deletes by moving to your Trash (arrive in Trash, right-click it, hit "Put back", enter your password, done). Don't be alarmed  - you won't lose all your changes unlike you have the great chance to by syncing them to Document Cloud (formerly Acrobat.com).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much!

I deleted  "synchronizer.app", from my Adobe Acrobat X11, so far so good.  The problem went away.  My OS is HIgh Sierra V. 10.13.3 (17D47). this soluion also works for  Reader DC.  

Typically, I update to the latest release of Adobe products, but this past experience with the "v3.services... doesn't help.

Fabio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do that? I went to the app folder and there was no such file to delete. ? ? ?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, peterpica

I see you are on DC now. What OS are you running? If Mac OS X (and my recommendation was addressing the issue in Acrobat 11 for Mac, not Acrobat DC or any other WIn version of it) then locate my another comment in this thread marked as comment nr. 22, skip the top paragraph and scroll down to the bottom one. Read it carefully of  how to identify and track it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not on DC. Acro Pro v11.

from... Peter Stremic [Personal info removed by Mod: Phone number, emaill] Note: Please do not share the email address, phone number or any personal details on the forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't think I'd come back ever but I felt being responsible to report my progress with regard to the topic. The answer marked as a useful one is NOT. Earlier in this discussion, out of despair and acting solely on intuition - something that IT guys dismiss entirely - I suggested to remove AdobeResourceSynchronizer.app from the main app bundle. So did I. I was finally able to connect to and open any file on Acrobat.com from within the app but the button to upload to Acrobat.com became inactive though the one that lets save to it remained working. I then quitted Reader, put back AdobeResourceSynchronizer.app to its original parent location, re-launched the app  and to my surprise I regained lost ability to upload to Acrobat.com. Upon relaunch I was prompted to  allow access and hit "Allow Always" thus dismissing it. All that happened some 30 min ago and during this time I opened, quitted it several times: the pop-up went away and the v3 entry in Keychain Access.app upon several examinations kept containing AdobeResourceSynchronizer.app. I have to add all my recent changes appeared non-destructed.

The worst thing remains, through, that is, you never know whether the issue returns. Obviously the chances are great, because I feel the fundamental solution hasn't been worked out and offered yet. Morally this is a common feature of user experience accompanied by dealing with Adobe software in that you can never be sure that something won't break at any moment or heal for good.

Also I don't know if this workaround (or partial solution as you may call it) will pave its way into the ears of Adobe engineers, I also am not aware if they haven't stumbled upon this trick on their already at this point. I just would like someone from Adobe staff that regularly peruses these forums came across my findings and took into account while troubleshooting in the course of ironing out connectivity issues. Something's definitely incorrect with how this helper app makes call to ports on Mac computers regardless of both OS X and Adobe Acrobat Reader versions.

NiceAdobe-2.png

NiceAdobe-1.png

Update 1. The pop up returned after ~2 hours of absence. AdobeResourceSynchronizer.app is still present in v3 entry of Keychain Access and so far syncing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read through the various posts here.  This is beyond annoying, and the paid service to convert .pdf to .docx I just renewed ceased working.  $ lost, I needed it for work, went looking for another product.  Basic version of iris17 (Canon)  seems to be doing the job, though more expensive.

Just trashed the Adobe product.  Frustration level was way too high!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Join the club. Maybe Adobe will take off its earplugs soon?

Peter Stremic

[ Mod: Personal information removed ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines