• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple Silicon/Mac Big Sur: Unable to install Acrobat using Creative Cloud Desktop

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple Silicon: Unable to install Acrobat using the Creative Cloud Desktop App on the new Mac Big Sur

Unable to install Acrobat using the Creative Cloud desktop app on the new Mac Big Sur?

Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat DC, Acrobat 2020, and Acrobat 2017 are compatible with macOS Big Sur (version 11).

Solution 1: Update the Creative Cloud Desktop app to the latest version and then try installing Acrobat. 

Solution 2: Install Acrobat DC on your new M1 Macbook/Apple Silicon using the direct download link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html 

Did you find it helpful? If yes, share your experience with us: Join the conversation here. We are listening!

To discover and know more, go straight to: Acrobat and macOS Big Sur (version 11) compatibility | System Requirements | Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Adobe Acrobat Standard DC.

TOPICS
How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, 

I have an Acrobat Pro 2020 licence and a new Macbook Pro M1 Silicon. I can download the Acrobat program successfully, but during the first sign-in the licencing application window simply freezes and stays white. I have had help from two Adobe technicians who couldn't solve the problem - we know it isn't download, etc. related. I have also turned off all virus checkers, tried different browsers, reinstalled teh software countless times, etc. What else could I try? thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JSFBrussels did you ever get thsi resolved. We are having the same issue and have not been able to resolve it yet.

Thanks

Wade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost one year later, the problem persists. Reinstallation did not solve the problem. It seems that the current standalone version Acrobat Professional 2020 is not supported anymore. Acrobat DC was updated in September, see https://helpx.adobe.com/lu_en/acrobat/kb/apple-silicon-m1-processor-support.html .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update to v20.004.30015 (09/21) should solve the problem, but it does not recognize the Acrobat 2020 installation. Maybe a wrong link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a working Acrobat Pro 2020 running at the M1. The trick is to install the demo, run the application and choose login with account. Maybe it helps somebody else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines