• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background image doesn't show when the pdf was generated from google docs

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced a problem here. Sorting many days only realised the issue was, whenever i have auto generated word document in google docs, i downloaded it, either in DOCX or PDF format, and trying to use Adobe Acrobat to add background, or even just color, the image/color will not show. And i saw an image icon at the top left corner.

After many tries, now i copy and paste the content of google docs into my MS Word, and save as pdf, I can add background to it. But is very tedious as i need to do a lot manual works to get the same result. All i need is just the mailmerge letter with my company letterhead in pdf copy.

It must be somewhere any setting issue that Adobe Acrobat rejected the google docs docx or pdf?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

As you are creating a PDF from Google docs, would you mind sharing any sample PDF with us so we can check it on our end? As per your description, it seems that it creating a PDF with an image. Check if you can select text in that PDF created. 

Please share the step-by-step workflow you do to create PDF and to add the background in that PDF for a better understanding.

Share the Acrobat and OS on the machine.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Google from, i have created the mail merge to generate google docs letters. Once i finished editing, i just download as pdf, hoping to add the letterhead as the background.

I will open the pdf file > edit pdf > more > Add background > Select file, however, the image file jpg or even i tried pdf image also, it doesn't show.

But if, i copy the content of google docs manually into my MS Word, then save as pdf file. then go into adobe acrobat and do the same "pdf file > edit pdf > more > Add background > Select file", my letterhead will show and i can create the letter.

Here i share with you the sample pdf that i have created using Google Docs Download, and also pdf i generated manually through MS Word.

Hope i can sort this out to reduce my manual process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without looking at the file, because I have often seen this kind of issue, I imagine the PDF was made with a white background already. A big white box behind everything. If you try to add a second background it will be behind the white box, so you won't see it. There is no solution to this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. I have checked, it was really with 4 layers of white boxes and grey boxes. I have to click the box and delete about 4 times only i can add background. 

Since couldn't find any solution, i think i just stick with my manual way of copy and paste to MS Word to regenerate it.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines