• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch convert pdf to Excel

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly in my Win 7, Acrobat 11 I can convert a single pdf file to excell (File->Save as Other->spreadsheet).  But I have 200+ scanned pdf files to convert - so I need to load these as a batch to process the whole bunch.  I cannot find a batch function for scanned pdf to excel conversion.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

With Acrobat XI Pro you can use the Action Wizard.

Use the 'Save' command from the 'Save & Export' toolset. Configure the Output Format to Excel as seen here:

Screen shot 2013-01-21 at 12.06.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Acrobat XI Pro you can use the Action Wizard.

Use the 'Save' command from the 'Save & Export' toolset. Configure the Output Format to Excel as seen here:

Screen shot 2013-01-21 at 12.06.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot to add that you'll need to include the 'Recognize Text using OCR' command from the 'Recognize Text' toolset first. 

But ultimately, you can accomplish the batch conversion you're looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not a batch conversion. I think he's asking how to add multiple PDFs to Acrobat Pro and convert them in mass (i.e., "batch") into Excel files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this good description

You can use an Action in Adobe Acrobat Pro to convert your PDF files to Excel in one operation. To do that, create a new action (Tools>Action Wizard>Create new action...).

Then add the "Save" tool from Save&Export to your new action. Click on the "Specify Settings" button for your save tool and check "Export File(s) to Alternate Format" and select your output format.

Now you can run this action on a number of files, and all of them will be exported to Excel.

Karl Heinz Kremer

PDF Acrobatics Without a Net

PDF Software Development, Training and More...

http://www.khkonsulting.com

Source Link: Can I BATCH LOAD PDF files for conversion to Excel? (Convert PDF to other formats)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2015 Mar 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to do something similar and when I use this solution I run into problems: after adding a long list of files (5000+) to apply this action to, the computer will hang up after a while when only some of the files have been converted. Is this a known issue? (running on Windows server 2012)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌5000 files are too much for Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is designed for personal use (ABSOLUTELY NOT ON A SERVER) and very light duty use. 50 files at a time is plenty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This method only let you convert one file at a time. is there any method that let you convert multiple PDFs into Excel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you can use online PDF to Excel converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just converted 30 files with this (Ryan Johnson's) method, by selecting the folder. Make sure there are ONLY pdf files in the folder otherwise it tries to convert the others to pdf first, which might throw up error alerts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered that I could use the Adobe Document Cloud to process a batch of files to export.

https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf

Login to your account. (Annual fee is cheap.)

Select "Export PDF" tab at top of the page.

Click "Select PDF Files to Export"

Drag multiple files into the window

"Continue"

Under "Convert To" Select file type. In this case, Excel.

(You can still add files to export)

Click the Export button and once converted "Download all"

You get a zip file with all the converted files.

I'm not sure if there is a limit on how many you can do at a time.  I only tried a handful at a time.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The action-wizard is a good idea if you want to convert each pdf to a separate excel spreadsheet. If you are okay with having one aggregate excel spreadsheet you can simply combine all of the pdf files into one pdf. Then convert that one pdf into an excel spreadsheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines