• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Booklet and bleed

Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export an InDesign-file with bleed to PDF.

Then I want to use the booklet option in the print menu.

UnfortunatelyAcrobat doesn't remove the bleed in the spine.

afloop.png

How can I let Acrobat remove the bleed in the spine using the Booklet option from Acrobat Pro (V2018)?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

I don't think that you can, however there is a work-around. Assuming your InDesign file is set up as facing pages, export to PDF without any marks and set the inside bleed to zero. You should be able to print a booklet from Acrobat, with correct bleed on the outside, although there will not be any crop marks. If you need crop marks, you can add them in InDesign, keeping them inside the bleed.

You can also print a booklet directly from InDesign, or use an imposition program.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that you can, however there is a work-around. Assuming your InDesign file is set up as facing pages, export to PDF without any marks and set the inside bleed to zero. You should be able to print a booklet from Acrobat, with correct bleed on the outside, although there will not be any crop marks. If you need crop marks, you can add them in InDesign, keeping them inside the bleed.

You can also print a booklet directly from InDesign, or use an imposition program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how do you send a printer an imposed booklet PDF with bleed marks only on the outer edges? i.e. an 11x17 + 3mm + 3mm bleeds on the top bottom and outer edges but not on the spine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Generally, a commercial printer would want single pages and they would do the imposition.

From InDesign, choose File> Print Booklet, From Acrobat, File> Print> Booklet.

For print booklet to work with bleed, there needs to be no bleed on the inside, you can remove the inside bleed when you use facing pages in InDesign. You can increase the document bleed setting and add small crop marks that fall within the bleed area, e.g. set your (3-sided) bleed to one inch, actual bleed is .125", then manually add crop marks within the one inch bleed area on the outsides only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines