• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can no longer extract pages by drag and drop

Explorer ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer drag pages from the Pages Thumbnail sidebar onto my desktop to make a new PDF of those pages. I haven't tried to do this since the last update came through... Is anybody else experiencing this?

It's extremely slow and frustrating having to manually right click extract, select the pages, open it in a new adobe window, then have to save the file through the menu.

Posted bug report here: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/40454974-drag-an...

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still cant do it so IDK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed something that has helped me that nothing in this thread helped. 

Open two PDF files and open both in thumbnail view. Select a page in one of the documents. It turns blue. Now notice that your mouse is sometimes a hand and sometimes a pointer depending on where you are hovering on the thumbnail. Move your mouse around (usually down) until the hand becomes a pointer, then click and drag and drop the page. I am not able drag and drop if the mouse is a hand, but if it's a pointer I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same exact thing start happening to me after a got an update to Adobe. Thank goodness I found this article. I was able to go in and turn off protected mode and now I can move files again without being asked to save them. That was annoying. I always worry when patches download that a setting will be changed some place for some unknown reason. Thanks for sharing this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to read through this string and can't find an answer that works on my Mac.  I'm using Adobe Pro DC, and my Security (enhanced) screen doesn't look like the ones posted.  The drag and drop worked fine until about a week ago and now it doesn't work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this issue, but not all the time.  Adobe choose when it will allow dragging and dropping. Sometimes I can drag and drop, then 10 minutes later I can't.  I cannot figure the issue out and it is so frustrating.  IT cannot either.  We have even uninstalled Adobe and reinstalled several times.  Has anyone found a fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat and it worked once now back to not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Reset 

Right click at side bar and click reset panels

I have done same way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're unable to drag pages from the Pages Thumbnail sidebar onto your desktop to create a new PDF after a recent update, try restarting the application and your computer. Check for the latest software updates, ensure proper file permissions, and confirm drag-and-drop settings. If the issue persists, contact the support team for your PDF software for further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines