Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't unsign or remove signature from PDF

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro

I have a PDF I've signed digitally, but I need to remove my signature so I can sign it again with different content in the forms. There is no option to clear the signature. I cannot remove the field.

Have not found any help for this issue on the forum.

-ron

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have Acrobat 9 to check but you generally need to have the signing certificate with the private key that signed the signature you want to delete (installed and enabled either in the Windows store or Acrobat Digital IDs) in order to be able to delete this signature.

Open Security Settings dialog, choose Digital IDs and look if you have the signer of the signature. If you do, highlight it, select "Details" and check whether "Details" pane contains private key.

This what happens in Acrobat X and XI. I just presume that the same happens in 9, although I cannot guarantee that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's important to keep an archive of files before

- signing

- setting security

- reader enabling

These are serious and often irreversible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. open file in NitroPDF (U may use Acrobat, but the bookmarks will automatically be lost with Acrobat, but preserved by NitroPDF)

2. Select all pages and click Edit>Extract then select Extract selection

3. Save the resulting "Untitled" file with any name you like eg "Originalfilename"_Extracted.pdf. U have now removed the digital signature!

4. If the file contains "Form Fields" that U wish to remove then...

5. Open the resulting file in step 3 above, in Acrobat

6. Go to "Tool Sets" and select "Forms", then click "Edit Form"

7. A list will show up with something like Preflight. Right click it and select "Remove", then remove anything else that is removable

8. Save your file

9. Now your file is free of both the digital signature and the form fields!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines