• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot reinstall Adobe Acrobat DC Pro (12)

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I am VERY VERY frustrated with just how much of a nightmare this is to simply reinstall Adobe Acrobat Pro 12.

My installation was bloated out to 14GB of Acrobat and I read somewhere that reinstalling might help this. So I simply uninstalled it, and in the process, uninstalled the creative cloud software also, as I dont have anything on my machine that is CC. I have Adobe Creative Collection CS5.5, and I also had a standalone of Acrobat Pro 12.

So, this should be easy, uninstall, download, reinstall, no worries.

(W7 64Bit machine, 26GB avail space, HP Z Workstation, no issues on resources)

Problem is, the website is a minefield of download options for acrobat. Why dont they just provide a link next to your serial in the account area? Man, so frustrating.

So I've tried Acrobat_2015_Web_WWMUI.exe download, but it got most of the way through the installation and gave me a rollback error.

So I tried the Acrobat_2017_Web_WWMUI but then that seems to be the wrong OS.

So retried the 2015 file but with my AV (Kaspersky) turned off. At this point it gave me the error saying 'This Application cannot be installed on this operating system. Setup will terminate.'.

Seriously? I just downloaded and installed my 30GB Autodesk Solution in under an hour. I'm now two hours into this issue on one app without resolve.

Help, please.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

So.

I removed some empty folders (Acrobat 2015/7) left behind in the failed installations (presumably) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\

But this time, I left opened the extracted 2015 archive exe and instead of running the setup.exe I ran the MSI directly, and that worked. So there you go.

Prayer must have worked. But I won't get that two hours back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So.

I removed some empty folders (Acrobat 2015/7) left behind in the failed installations (presumably) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\

But this time, I left opened the extracted 2015 archive exe and instead of running the setup.exe I ran the MSI directly, and that worked. So there you go.

Prayer must have worked. But I won't get that two hours back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines