• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change language in Acrobat XI Pro - It does not work

Community Expert ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Acrobat XI Pro using the Adobe Application Manager (AAM) on Windows 7, English. I am on a Creative Cloud subscription, so i have no .exe file to install from.

Acrobat XI Pro defaults the  Application Language to English when installing from AAM since Windows is an English version. I want Acrobat XI Pro in Swedish language.

If i go to Acrobat's Preferences > Language and change the Application Language from English to "Choose at application startup" i never get the dialog that should provide me with the option to change language when i re-launch Acrobat XI Pro. If i hold down Shift-Ctrl when launching Acrobat XI Pro i don't get that dialog either.

I see the same issue on three computers, two with Win 7 and one with Win 8. Both OS versions are English.

So, how do i change the Application Language from English to Swedish?

/Roger

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

In case anyone else run into the same issue, here is the solution:

1. Add remove programs -> Select Acrobat

2. Then click on Change button  present next to Uninstall option. Acrobat setup dialog will be launched.

3. Now select Modify option in Acrobat setup dialog

4. In the dropdown list  select View Adobe PDF

5. Select the desired language support

6. Install the required language packs

When i did, i got the dialog that let me change the language next time i launched Acrobat XI.

Special thanks goes to R

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone else run into the same issue, here is the solution:

1. Add remove programs -> Select Acrobat

2. Then click on Change button  present next to Uninstall option. Acrobat setup dialog will be launched.

3. Now select Modify option in Acrobat setup dialog

4. In the dropdown list  select View Adobe PDF

5. Select the desired language support

6. Install the required language packs

When i did, i got the dialog that let me change the language next time i launched Acrobat XI.

Special thanks goes to Rohit from Adobe!

/Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue, tried the above steps but were not successful. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2014 Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution works for me having the version 11.6 but I did something xtra:
under the presented options for languages, I turn off the install option for the currently used language (in my case German) and install exclusivelly English.
Worked like a charm !
Hope this can helper someone else!

Message was edited by: LAOMUSIC ARTS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone must help me please!

i've downloaded a pdf file which is a full book contains 200 pages.but this book is in German or russian language.Then i downloaded Adobe acrobat XI pro.After its installation,When i decided to change the language by going in properties,it remained as it was.No change in language happened.tell me what to do now?

please help me!!!!The book is medical one and i desperately need it to study.please reply me as soon as possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, too. I tried all the other ways, including rebooting the computer but eliminating any other language from the "languages" section of the "program change" section finally worked. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did the trick. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, and even with all the other language packs removed it still comes up in spanish, and it wants a license for the spanish version even though I specified English on install and already put my license number in. Adobe, this is just lame. You charge way more than your competition, provide almost no support when your products don't work. I had to uninstall DC because it would not print. If it was my choice at work we would be using a competitors product with much less cost, bugs and better support. Get your act together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean that, because of problems with DC you are trying to install XI with the same license number? Does the message specifically say it is for Spanish software or are you assuming this is the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have had issues with DC on other machines not related to this. There are many posts on this issue. I had uninstalled it on my pc.

This is a license we just purchased for Adobe 2017 Standard to be installed in English, which is what I chose. As with many of our users they do not want to use the new version because other folks in their department are still on XI. They don't like the changes in the new versions, and are comfortable with XI and it allows them to get their jobs done quickly. Learning all the new features takes time and may not even benefit them.

So instead of installing 2017 I installed XI. I have installed XI hundreds of times and never had this happen. When I launch it, it comes up in Spanish and asks me for a license number. I did the install in English and put that license number in at that time. If I put my license number in it rejects it (I don't know what the message is since its in spanish) and I cannot open the program.

This post was started back in 2013, the DC posts are well over a year old. It just seems to me that Adobe charges a lot of money, offers little support, and then their products don't work part of the time and its not fixed. Like I said, if it was my decision I would do away with Adobe Acrobat, but its not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I've tried all of the above in order to try and change language from English to Sweden, but no solution works; Adobe Acrobat XI Pro continues to be in English.

Please, is there any other solution out there I could try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click Edit -> Prefernces and language. You can specify it to be the same as the operating system or it can ask you on start up.

Should be as simple as that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue except my Adobe is in Danish and I speak English.  I tried to figure out the word for preferences or language in Danish so I could change it but it wasn't there!  So frustrated.  Installing it for a 3rd time to see if the 3rd time is the charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing the solution !

It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just select the icon "Acrobat" on the desktop, after that, hold the key Ctrl and press Enter.

A dialog of Languages will appear for you to change.

Good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me...just get a popup saying "no current selection". The other options listed don't work either, when I try the control panel/modify program method there are no other Languages listed, only English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I'm trying to check (and I don't work for Adobe) is whether you have an XI license, because it sounds as if you have a 2017 license and are just trying to use it with a different product (XI). The retail license for Acrobat 2017 does NOT permit you to install a backlevel version. You might have a volume license with different rules, but if this is a newly obtained license maybe the rules have changed. Wouldn't surprise me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that is the case, then that is very unfortunate. We want to use XI, we cannot purchase a license, so now we are being forced to use a version of the product that we would prefer not to. This is wrong of Adobe to force this. If this is the case, then wouldn't it make more sense to have a message come up stating what you said instead of installing the program in the wrong language.

I would like to say thank you, especially since you don't work for Adobe.

Question, since we have purchased a license for Adobe Standard 2017, will we be legal licensing wise, if we install XI using the current license number we have for that product? I do not want to be in violation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could answer that but you may need to contact Adobe. If you have volume licenses I believe there is a special portal for this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, contacting adobe is my next step. I work of for a local public municipality, and we purchased the license from a vendor that is well aware of that we have volume licensing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines