Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert autocad dwg to pdf without open autocad

Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to convert a dwg to pdf without open autocad?

I have Autocad 2008 and when I use batch PDF converter, it opens every drawing in my autocad,

taking to much time when there are several drawings.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Acrobat XI can convert 2D AutoCAD files to PDF without needing to run a copy of AutoCAD.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat XI can convert 2D AutoCAD files to PDF without needing to run a copy of AutoCAD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat 9, I'll see if I can get Acrobat XI.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a free 30-day trial of Acrobat XI Pro available now via the Adobe website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trial of Acrobat XI can be found here: http://www.adobe.com/go/tryacrobatpro/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you know if there is a way to make Acrobat Pro DC do that same thing? I tried renaming the acad.exe and it throws an error. My pro XI is having issues in my organization now. Not sure if a MS Update wrecked it. But I'd like to get DC to do this conversation without using AutoCAD. It's much faster. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do one thing that rename the acad.exe to some other name and then convert the dwg files to pdf. In this way conversion will not launch AutoCAD and your objective will be fulfilled.
Hope it will work for you!
Note : Remember to rename the renamed exe to acad.exe again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using VeryPDF to batch convert our AutoCAD 2013 drawings from DWG to PDF every night. It appears there is a bug in the VeryPDF converter. I am considering other DWG to PDF convert products and want to know how I can use Acrobat to batch convert these from the console. Any help? Adobe support and documentation does not seem to offer a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no console/commandline automation of Acrobat and never has been. It's intentional policy to prevent it being used as a server engine - for that Adobe sells LiveCycle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave.

Which Adobe LifeCycle product will I need? I notice there are several LifeCycle products.

We are using windows task scheduler to call a batch file in windows, that runs in the command prompt while calling a DWGtoPDF.exe file to handle our batch conversion. Which LifeCycle product would fit my needs?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using AutoDWG DWG to PDF Converter to batch convert drawing files to pdf files, just need a little time to convert several files, hope that program can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines