• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Tags in A Table Using Reading Order Panel

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on this exercise to learn tagging a table with headings and cells using Reading Order Panel.  I am selecting and then selecting "Cell" to create a tag.  For me, nothing happens.  No indication of any tab being created.  Any idea how to fix this?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Reading Order Panel is not the proper / correct place for this. Use the Structure tree. Review Acrobat's Help on the Accessibility topic. Be familiar with ISO 14289-1, PDF/UA (ISO Standard for accessible PDF) & part/section 14 of ISO 32000 (provides the "foundation" as it were for tagged PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before defining a cell, you’ll have to identify the table as a table, or confirm that the table is tagged as such.  With the Touch-up Reading Order tool, you can draw a box around the table to encompass and select it, and click the Table button to tag it.  Your rows should be identified as table rows, header cells as TH (table header) and cells as table data (TD).  You can right click and play with the Table Editor to try your hand at manipulating table tags.

table_tag.PNG

With all that said, your tags should be inherited from the source document whenever possible. Tagging by hand in Acrobat is nothing anyone wants to do… ever!

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines