• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimensions of this page are out-of-range. page content might be truncated / Action Wizard

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (2015.006.30394): I created an action to convert PDF files to PDF/A format.  All files are scanned images to PDF.  I have to convert A LOT of pdf files to PDF/A.  I created an action with preflight to convert to PDF/A-2b and save to PDF/A in the same action and I run this on a folder with 3000 pdf files. I have done this with over 15000 pdf files with no problems.  Now I am getting this issue but not on every file.  Out of 3000 images, i will get a block of them (20-120) getting the error "The Dimensions of this page are out-of-range. page content might be truncated".  If I click OK fast enough, the action continues until another file like this.  If I don't, the action completely stops and I have to hit start again.  I have searched for a reason on how to fix this but come up with nothing.  I cannot change these files at all which is why they need to be PDF/A.

Does anyone know a way to fix the problem, ignore the problem or if anything, STOP that error message so the completes????  Please help!  I have many many more and can't sit and click ok whenever this happens.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had this problem before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that problem too. In my case, the pdf is below 200 inch and Acrobat miscalculates its value and truncates it anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Emilieb,

We're sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Have you tried the suggestions from the above links?

Is it specific to one PDF?

Make sure that you have the latest version of Acrobat installed, check for updates from help>check for updates, or install them manually from DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

If it is specific to one PDF, Is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can test it at our end?

To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, login to https://cloud.acrobat.com/send using your Adobe ID(email) and password, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only,

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bevanm,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you are getting an error message "The Dimensions of this page are out-of-range. page content might be truncated" while running a custom action to convert the PDF to PDF/A-2b and save to PDF/A, Is that correct?

Please install the latest update/patch of Acrobat Pro DC Classic Track from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates and see if this brings any difference.

You can also download and install the updates manually from 15.006.30417 Optional update, February 23, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

is it possible to post a screenshot of the error you are getting? To share a screenshot, please refer to https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

You may also refer to the following Adobe discussion When was the 200 inch page limit broken ? (Accessibility)

Let us know how it goes with the latest update and please share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

[Edited response]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand,

We are also facing the same issue while trying to save a PDF file into PDFA.

We have created an action with preflight to convert to PDF and save to PDF/A in the same action.

For some of the files we get the error "The Dimensions of this page are out-of-range. page content might be truncated" 

We feel this error is observed when the PDF file has some pages in portrait mode & some other pages in the landscape mode.

Pleae refer the error screen shot

DIMENSIONS OUT OF RANGE.PNG

Please let us know how to get rid-off this error as it is hampering our delivey speed as we have to process thousands of PDF files in a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We feel this error is observed when the PDF file has some pages in portrait mode & some other pages in the landscape mode.

I can confirm that. After removing all pages in landscape mode the error does not show up anymore and the action runs through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same error but with an Action that only flattens annotations and removes bookmarks (not saving as PDF/A).

We need to be able to do this on a large batch of files but it will stop randomly on files that are not odd-sizes (they are standad 8.5 x 11 and portrait). After the action stops at a 'flagged' file, you can resume and it continues along which is random and very time-consuming.

The last threads I see here are from 2018. Has there been any updates/fixes for this? 

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. While reading, a dialog box prompted that the page has been truncated. It only happened to a certain section of the file. The rest is ok and working. Tried reinstalling Acrobat reader but it didnt work. I hope you could help. The file is really important. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 7.12.52 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue while converting to PDF/A-2b. Like @bevanm9872125, I created an action with two steps: 1. convert to PDF/A-2b, 2. save file. Converting the same file to PDF/A-2b as a single file with Preflight works fine. Maybe the problem is related to custom actions.

Acrobat version: 17.011.30194 (up to date)

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue; however, all the actions actually complete successfully. So the real issue is the misreported error that halts the batch action process.

Does anyone know how to stop Adobe Acrobat reporting this alleged error via a dialog box and continue processing the action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I can confirm that the actions (in my case conversion to PDF/A) are performed successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines