• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distiller issues error log

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

receive error invalidfileaccess  offending command showpage. 

Any suggestions on correcting the problem

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

I downloaded your PostScript file and ran it through the Acrobat Distiller using the High Quality Print joboptions. It properly converted the PostScript file to PDF without any error whatsoever. I've attached both the resultant PDF file and the log file produced by the Distiller.

Regrettably, I cannot account for the errors you encountered on your system. The invalidfileaccess indicates a problem in file operations which could mean almost anything including (1) an attempt to access an external fi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us the entire set of messages from the Distiller and we might be able to assist you.

Also, please provide Acrobat version and platform you are running on.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are running Win 10, Publisher 2016, and acrobat reader(latest version)  i will get you the message displayed on the screen.  the message in the log file is

%%{ productName: Distiller ]%%

%%[ Page: 1]%%

%%[ Error: invalidfileaccess: OffendingCommand: showpage ]%%

%%[Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

%%[ Warning: Postscript error. No PDF produced ]%%

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the further information.

You say you have Acrobat Reader. Are you sure you don't have Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Standard? Reader doesn't provide a copy of Distiller; only Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Standard does. And what version of Acrobat do you actually have installed.

I assume you are printing to the Adobe PDF PostScript printer driver instance?!?

If so, that message indicates that the PostScript file generated by Publisher is improperly trying to access an external file, something that we prohibit due to security concerns.

Since this is very unexpected, if you could capture the PostScript file itself (print to FILE) and post same, we might be able to track down where this external file reference is coming from or what its purpose is.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will get the release number.  Yes we are running acrobat reader standard.  it  installed programs shows Distiller.  I will get the post script and I will print to a file.  This may some time we are getting ready for the Hurricane Irma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such product as Acrobat Reader Standard. You are either running Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Standard. Acrobat Reader cannot create PDF files. Acrobat Standard and Acrobat Pro can produce PDF and includes Distiller.

Our thoughts are with you for health and safety given the potential problems with Irma.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your thoughts.  St. Rita closed and I don't have access.  I will get all the details you requested. Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the storm is gone and St Rita is open again. I will get the info requested and get back with you the afternoon. 
Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I got the information you requested.  we are running windows 10, Microsoft Publisher 2016, acrobat standard dc 2015 and acrobat distiller DC.  I printed the Publisher output to a file.  The file is quite large.  is there a way I can send it to you or do you just need a portion of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the PostScript file and send me a forum private message with the link such that I may retrieve it.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse my ignorance   How do I post a file.  Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't on this forum, but you can post to a file sharing service and provide a pointer. If you want one of us to take a look at it, send a private message with the link to the file via the forum's private message capability.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dov  did you get the link to my postscript file.  Thank you for your help.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I didn't get any such link. How did you send it to me?

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted it on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i believe this is the link

ShareFile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it!

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded your PostScript file and ran it through the Acrobat Distiller using the High Quality Print joboptions. It properly converted the PostScript file to PDF without any error whatsoever. I've attached both the resultant PDF file and the log file produced by the Distiller.

Regrettably, I cannot account for the errors you encountered on your system. The invalidfileaccess indicates a problem in file operations which could mean almost anything including (1) an attempt to access an external file from the PostScript, (2) a read error while attempting to read the PostScript file, and (3) a write error (including running out of disk space or lack of permission to write to the specified directory) while creating the PDF output.

You also mentioned that you have acrobat reader (latest version). Adobe Acrobat Reader doesn't include Distiller and/or the Adobe PDF PostScript printer driver instance. You must have Adobe Acrobat Standard or Adobe Acrobat Pro installed on your system. Again, which version? (And by the way, you should not have both Reader and Acrobat Standard or Pro concurrently installed on a single system. Acrobat functionality includes that of Reader!

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines