• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document cannot be signed in its current state.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fillable pdf form (not created by me) that my supervisor asked me to change a text box on the signature line to a digital signature box. I have Acrobat Adobe XI Pro. I opened the fillable pdf in Adobe Pro XI, clicked on "Forms", "Edit" and deleted the text box on the signature line. Next I clicked on "Add New Field", selected "Digital Signature", and place the box on the signature line. I clicked "Closed Form Editing". Next I clicked "File", "Save As Other", "Reader Extended PDF", "Enable More Tools (Includes form fills & save). Then clicked "Save Now". I saved a copy and then opened it to test the signature box and got the following error message "The document cannot be signed in its current state. Please save the document, close it, reopen it and then attempt to sign again. Anybody have any advise on how to fix this?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Assuming a relatively new version of Reader (or any version of Acrobat) is

going to be used to open this file, you don't need to apply the Reader

Rights to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming a relatively new version of Reader (or any version of Acrobat) is

going to be used to open this file, you don't need to apply the Reader

Rights to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought that as well. After I added the the digital signature the first time  I only click "Closed form editing". I then tested the digital signature box and got the cannot sign in current state message. When I googled the error message, a solution I found said to apply the reader rights but I still got the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines