• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

does Adobe Acrobat Standard DC support redact?

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does Adobe Acrobat Standard DC support redact? We have to move off of Adobe Acrobat X, X Pro and XI... several departments need the ability to redact some pdfs

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Hello CLBlanton,

Redaction is only available in Adobe Acrobat Pro - not in Standard, So, to use the feature, you can subscribe to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

For plans and pricing, you may refer to Plans and pricing | Adobe Acrobat DC Link: https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pricing.html

More about Redaction, you may refer to Removing sensitive content from PDFs in Adobe Acrobat DC  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/removing-sensitive-content-pdfs.html

Hope this helps, and let us know if yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello CLBlanton,

Redaction is only available in Adobe Acrobat Pro - not in Standard, So, to use the feature, you can subscribe to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

For plans and pricing, you may refer to Plans and pricing | Adobe Acrobat DC Link: https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pricing.html

More about Redaction, you may refer to Removing sensitive content from PDFs in Adobe Acrobat DC  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/removing-sensitive-content-pdfs.html

Hope this helps, and let us know if you need more assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a shot showing: 1)  I own Adobe Acrobat Pro, and 2) I have no Redaction Tool:No Redaction in Tools.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look under the Protect sub-menu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not an option there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the View menu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View > Protect is shown at the top of my screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that... That's where you will find the Redaction tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of where you see it. I don’t see it in the Protect submenu. I only see “Restrict Editing”, “Encrypt”, “Remove Hidden Information”, and “More Options”. More Options includes: “Document Security”, “Security Properties”, and “Create Security Envelope”.

Thanks for your help and interest!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have access to Acrobat DC at the moment, but you should be able to find it under the Tools panel. Forget the menus.

Go to Tools and search for "redact".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!

When I searched for Redact on the Tools Menu, it asked to ADD this, and I clicked that. Then it said OPEN and it worked. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very little is left in the menus in DC. 95% of everything has moved to those cute, cuddly tool icons. Using Search in Tools is a must. Curiously, Adobe moved all this stuff so we'd find it more easily.

You don't have to click ADD. That just means "Add to the right hand tool bar". For things infrequently used you can just double click on the icon in the big tools panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines