• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error 109

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved a .pdf and cropped it.  I am unable to save the result as I get error 109.

I "Snipped it" and saved that as a .pdf - but can't make the image large enough to fill the paper.

Am I missing something here?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Hello Twotinears,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused if you are getting error 109 when opening a PDF file, chances are the file is corrupt.

If you have downloaded the file, try downloading it again. If you created the file yourself, try creating it again from the original source. That may be all you need to do to solve this problem.

On the other hand, there may be nothing wrong with the file itself, but your PDF reader may be having trouble making sense of it:

• If you are trying to view the P

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Twotinears,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused if you are getting error 109 when opening a PDF file, chances are the file is corrupt.

If you have downloaded the file, try downloading it again. If you created the file yourself, try creating it again from the original source. That may be all you need to do to solve this problem.

On the other hand, there may be nothing wrong with the file itself, but your PDF reader may be having trouble making sense of it:

• If you are trying to view the PDF in your browser, save the file to your desktop and then try to open it with the stand-alone Acrobat Reader. Sometimes the browser plugins cannot handle large or complex PDFs, or third-party software has corrupted the browser plugin, rendering it useless.
  • You may have a newer PDF file, and an old version of the Acrobat / Reader. Try updating your version of Acrobat/ Reader. This can solve many issues, including security issues known to exist in earlier versions of Acrobat software.
  • You can also try saving the file as .ps file and then convert it back to pdf and check.

If the issue still persists, use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Acrobat from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are on Mac, open the corrupted file in Preview. Export it as PDF with another filename. 

Open the exported file with Adobe. try saving it with a different filename. if the error does not appear. then you are fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines