• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1309 when Updating Acrobat 2015

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 new PCs on Windows 10. I can install and use Acrobat 2015 without issue. The problem I have is when I go to update it, I am getting a 1309 error stating error reading from file. The folder path is C:\Windows\Installer\... The issue is, there isn't even a Windows\Installer folder on either machine so it's not like I could adjust the permissions. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... this says Encore, but is sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account) so follow the instructions, substituting the name and location of your specific program for Encore

-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to note that I have already tired running Acrobat as an admin and then doing the update. Same result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please let us know the Windows version.

To know Windows version- open command prompt and type "winver".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

upgrade adobe acrobate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Adobe Acrobat 2017. I created another thread about it.

I see that you stated that you didn't see the Windows\Installer folder. When I was reading some troubleshooting steps, I saw that it wanted me to access that folder as well but I didn't see it. To view the Windows\Installer folder, you have to go into Control Panel > File Explorer Options > "View" tab > and check off "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files". Unfortunately, after messing modifying some permissions, I was still unable to resolve the issue but hopefully maybe you or someone else can figure it out for us that are having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please let us know the Windows version.

To know Windows version- open command prompt and type "winver".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, we're using Windows 10 version 1809 (OS Build 17763.316).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 10 version 1809, Microsoft update "2019-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4487044)" might be causing this issue.

Could you please uninstall this particular update of Windows and then retry the Acrobat update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got around this by starting Acrobat,  launch the updater, when the updater finds the update there is a 'Details' link in the lower left corner of the screen.    I chose the details link and was able to download the latest update from Adobe.  I ran this update and ignored all error messages.  I was asked to close MS Outlook to allow the update to install so this might be a factor in the update failing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines