We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I have been rolling out new PCs for our workplace for the past few weeks. Starting yesterday, I noticed that the last few new PCs I'm setting up have an issue when updating Adobe Acrobat 2017. It gives me error message "Error 1309: Error reading from file: C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\68AB67CA3301FFFF7706E01180573600\17.8.30051\wcchromenativemessaginghost". I have tried reinstalling and repairing the programs a few times with no success. I launched Adobe Acrobat 2017 as Administrator and tried updating it but that did not resolve the issue. The account I'm logging into Windows with is an admin on the PC. I have also tried the troubleshooting methods that I have seen many people suggested from other forums to try from here: Error 1321 or 1309 when installing Adobe Creative Suite 5.5, CS5, or CS4 on Windows .
I looked up to see what wcchromenativemessaginghost is. It seems to be some sort of Chrome plug in. These new PCs currently don't have Chrome installed on them.
The new PCs I'm setting up are Dell Precision 3430 with Windows 10 verison 1809.
Any help would be appreciated.
I forgot to mention that the new PCs I set up last week with Adobe Acrobat 2017 did NOT have this issue when I updated them. Not sure what has changed since then.
In case anyone else has this issue, I resolved the issue that was posted on this thread: Error 1309 when Updating Acrobat 2015
The solution was to uninstall Microsoft update "2019-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4487044)"
This worked for me! Thank you!!
We have logged a bug for this issue. I have shared the workaround with you for this on another thread. Thanks!
For me, the solution was to remove/rename the file mentioned in the error message:
Thanks for this. I just set up a new PC and realized I could not uninstall the Windows security updates for this (the option to uninstall is missing in Control Panel). Deleting that file you mentioned above worked for me.
I ended up having to remove the entire folder because once I deleted one file, another popped up as unreadable.
The folder automatically got regenerated.
Personal update from May 22 2019.
renaming wcchromenativemessaginghost fixed my issues with updating Adobe Acrobat DC
update 15.7.20033 in