• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File does not begin with '%pdf' error with adobe reader 10.1.5 onwards

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In our web application we are using activePDF toolkit (3rd party component) to fill up carrier forms on the fly which are PDF files.

The output file processed by the above library works fine when opened with adobe reader 8, 9 and10 on end user’s browser (IE); however, it gives below error when opening with adobe reader 11.

Error.JPG

Till now, we have tried different settings at IIS level, Internet explorer e.t.c. suggested on different internet posts. However, we are still facing the problem.

While analyzing this we have come across following link

http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/pdf-error-1015-11001-update.html

According to this adobe 10.1.5 onward file should only start with "%pdf". If file start with other than this we get file corrupted message.

Before we can communicate this message to client we want to confirm this for experts. Please let me know my assumption is right?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I edited registry it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rahti - i'm having the same issue but I not familiar with the steps outlined in the Adobe link below

http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/pdf-error-1015-11001-update.html

Would you be able to help with how I can navigate to this on my PC to correct it for me.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You have use the registry editing tool to make the suggested changes. If you are using Windows OS, Windows Key -> Run -> Enter "regedit". This will open the registry editing tool. You can then search for the registry entry mentioned above and make the changes.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Prathap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please tell me how did you edit it after regedit, what do i need to do exactly . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you do not know how to use Regedit, and how to restore your registry if you make your system unbootable then DO NOT TRY. Seek help from an expert who can visit your computer. DO NOT ACCEPT OFFERS OF PEOPLE TO CONNECT TO YOUR COMPUTER !! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines