• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the ink color for pen tool?

Sep 20, 2009 Sep 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings everyone,

I am signing a document in Acrobat.  But the pen color is red. I want to change it to black or blue.  I've looked around the menus but can't find out how to chage it.  It's probably right under my nose somewhere, so I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 30, 2009 Sep 30, 2009

According to the official help site,

"Ink signatures use the default color of Pencil tool markups. To change the color of the signature, right-click the Pencil tool in the Comment & Markup Toolbar. Then choose Tool Default Properties, and change the color in the Appearance tab."

I had the same problem, spotting your question along the way.  Finally I stumbled across the above.

I tried to find a better means of accessing the pencil tool's color, but this is the only way to change it.  While I unders

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2009 Sep 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the official help site,

"Ink signatures use the default color of Pencil tool markups. To change the color of the signature, right-click the Pencil tool in the Comment & Markup Toolbar. Then choose Tool Default Properties, and change the color in the Appearance tab."

I had the same problem, spotting your question along the way.  Finally I stumbled across the above.

I tried to find a better means of accessing the pencil tool's color, but this is the only way to change it.  While I understand that this software isn't supposed to be Photoshop or anything, this method of changing the pencil color seems completely arbitrary at best.  But, on the other hand, at least it can be done.

Hope this answer got to you in time to be useful still!

~Malcolm

------------

Source: |  http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Acrobat/9.0/Professional/WS58a04a822e3e50102bd615109794195ff-7d48.w.html

------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2009 Oct 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pencil tool will not let me right click to give me any options to change any kind of default appearances.  I'm trying to change the ink signature from red to black.  Any suggestions.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 28, 2009 Oct 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before going to  the pencil tool try holding right click key on mouse down first before clicking pencil.

Also Go to  System Preferences and see if set up for two or three button mouse and and if there is a setting for  say "Right click equals control click" make sure that is set.

Also if no setting just hold down pencil button until a window shows up for properties. Set in Properties.

(Please note information is given by an Experienced User of Acrobat. I am not an employee of Adobe.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your advice.  I finally got the pencil tool to turn black by first dragging out to the tool bar, instead of accessing it through the drop down menus.  Once I put the tool on the tool bar, then it finally gave me the "default tool properties" option, which allowed me to choose black as the default color.  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent information that worked for me. Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way I found, that seems to get the same place as the solution, was to right-click one of the red marks you made instead. Select properties and it also takes you to the appearance tab to change the pencil mark color. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines