• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I micro nudge in Acrobat Pro DC?

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so frustrating. Setting up fillable pdf form templates which will contain hundreds of fillable fields. I need a way to MICRO nudge parts of a form in Acrobat Pro DC. Nudging via arrow keys moves things too far between nudges. I've tried several things but these don't work:  shift+arrow, shift+ctrl+arrow, shift+alt+arrow, alt+arrow, ctrl+arrow, ctrl+alt+arrow. I have Windows (not MAC).  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

I turned off "snap to grid" (view -> show/hide -> rulers & grids) and am now able to move objects by smaller increments.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the position and the size in the properties of the field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but unfortunately, even that is limited. For instance, create two objects (text boxes, etc.) and manually place them just a slight increment away from each other. Select both objects. When you open the properties dialog and select the Position pane, in most instances, no matter what you specify as the X-Y coordinates, those objects will not move. Theoretically, that should work like an "Align" command, but if they are close enough together to begin with, it will not.

This has frustrated me to no end. While searching these forums, I came across this post and answer:

How can I place and nudge items (esp. form fields) more accurately?

There are two solutions posted here. I've downloaded the free script but haven't had a chance to try it. Looks good, though.

Cheers, all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've now had the chance to use the script, and with the limitations noted in the post, it does what it says it will. It got me over the hump on a project, so thanks to try67​ for the FREE script.

He also turned me on to the Acrobat feature request weblink (see this post:Re: When using the keyboard to move an object in Acrobat Pro DC, is there a way to change the increm... ), and I have submitted a feature request to address this problem.

If you're reading this, you will be interested in my feature request and I would urge you to vote for it:

Precise placement of objects in Prepare Form and Edit Form – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC

The only way we're going to see this "fixed" is if enough of us request it! Please take 5 seconds (okay, 15 seconds if you count logging in) and vote for the inclusion in the very next update to Acrobat Pro.

Thanks to all,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, all!

I am excited to inform you that we may be close to having an actual fix implemented in Acrobat!

If you haven't already, please vote for this idea at the following Feature Request page:

http://tinyurl.com/PrecisePlacementOfObjects.

The more votes, the more likely Adobe is to spend the time and money necessary on this.

Something I think a lot of users don't realize is that Acrobat is a *huge, complex* program, and making ANY change is a *mammoth* undertaking. It's not like you can just change a few lines of code and say "Voila!"

We, as users, must really make the case, through our votes and our comments—at this feature request page, in addition to all the other forum threads—for the need for these features, or they will NOT be implemented.

So please, cast your vote, and direct all interested parties to this page via this link:

http://tinyurl.com/PrecisePlacementOfObjects

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone familiar with how easy it is to fine-tune the location of layout objects in Apple's FileMaker Pro or the TeX typesetting language will find Acrobat Pro DC abysmally lacking.  If Adobe created a program with such monstrous complexity that such a simple feature can't be added without a huge amount of editing/rewriting, that's Adobe's fault, not ours.  The complexity of a program depends a lot on how skillful the programmers are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mathematrucker,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. We will highly appreciate your input to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Acrobat as Your comments, suggestions, and ideas for improvements are very important to us using the URL Feature Request/Bug Report Form

For any third party software, it's feature and support, you have to contact the product support team of the Product.

Feel free to update this discussion if you have any query related to Acrobat.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any updates on this? I'm currently trying to accomplish the same thing and am running into the same issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One can set the exact location of a field using the Position tab under the field's Properties dialog. It can also be done using a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, the links to the nudge sript are no longer valid (https://forums.adobe.com/message/3843382) and properties aren't populated in the PDF I'm trying to tweak.  Can you repost a valid link to the script or offer any othe option for micro nudging in Acrobat DC?  Thanks either way!  Bec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off "snap to grid" (view -> show/hide -> rulers & grids) and am now able to move objects by smaller increments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines