• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to clear signature in acrobat pro dc

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to clear a signature on a DC document form that I created. I used to be able to do so by right-clicking the signature field and choose "Clear Signature" but that option is not available.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Hello Pete,

The "Clear Signature" option is available in Acrobat Pro DC as it was in Acrobat XI Pro.

You can clear a signature if you are the signer, that is, if the digital ID with which you did the signing is available to Acrobat.

I can think of two reasons that "Clear signature" might not be available:

1. Your digital ID is not available to Acrobat Pro DC. That is, you have not yet imported it for use in Acrobat or don't have your smart card in the reader, etc.

2. When you signed the PDF, you chos

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was driving me crazy but I figured out a way to delete the old signature. All I had to do is click on "Edit PDF" in the tool bar and then you can click on and delete anything you want, including signatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had this issue.  It required a complete update and re-installation of Adobe Acrobat to solve it.  Nothing else worked, despite all the excellent suggestions made on this thread here that have worked for others.  I relinquished control of my Mac to the Acrobat support person but all they did was what I could have done if I had been told!!  It wasted so much time, really quite pathetic product support and product development (given that you've all been reporting this issue for so long now).  It is the most basic of functions used by all their customers.  I wonder if they're listening now, I made it clear that they need to get a grip of this otherwise we will all stop spending money on subscriptions, but it could be a result of complacency since the .pdf format is so universal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines