How to convert PDF to CSV?

I have Acrobat X

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converting PDF to text is easy, but exactly what values in the PDF would you like to separate by commas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for PDFs that have tables in them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the best approach will be to try converting to Excel, clean it up, and then convert to CSV. How successful the conversion to XLS depends on a number of things, including your version of Acrobat, where 11 is supposed to be better than previous versions. You can select individual tables in Acrobat and right-click > export to XLS/CSV (and others) or open in a spreadsheet (Acrobat 9).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the PDF that I need to figure out how to convert:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0oqKIu4uHUXbVQwaGFHNXgwZVE/edit?usp=sharing

We have Acrobat X but there's no way to right click on the table and export it directly to a CSV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to first select the table using the Select tool. In Acrobat 11 when I right-click I get an item for "Export Selection As" and can choose CSV from the various formats. This gives good results with your test file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George, the poster has Acrobat X, not Acrobat XI. That probably explains the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, looks like we'll have to upgrade to 11.  That's too bad, we just barely bought 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop sending me forum's by George Johnson!!!!!NOW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you reply to a thread you're automatically registered to receive email notifications of any new messages in it. Each email contains instructions on how to stop that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines