Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks not working in Adobe Sign

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have created an interactive pdf in InDesign, exported it and the links work fine. I open the same pdf in Acrobat Reader DC and share it via Adobe Sign. Everything works but the links.

I have tried 'shared hyperlink destination' and not, and I've also created a button but links don't work.

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance

Daiana

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Hi Daiana,

When you send the document for signature using the "Others" option in Fill & Sign tool, it sends the document via Adobe Sign. That means the document converts to Adobe Sign form and then sent to signers for signature.

The links added to the document do not work in the Adobe Sign form. This is an as-designed behavior.

As you have mentioned that the link was working when you try to add a signature, that is because you were adding signature in Reader DC application using the Fill & Sign to

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

I found out through chatting with a nice support agent through Facebook Messenger (so cool!) that using Adobe Sign flattens the document, so any hyperlinks or buttons (with actions) that you created no longer work. However, after they sign, all the buttons and links come back. Weird. It's not SUPER user friendly, but I understand why that would be. At least it provides a way to sign a PDF. That outweighs the negatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daianab,

I am sorry to hear that, as you are getting issues with the hyperlinks when opening it with Acrobat Reader DC, we need some more information for a better understanding:

1. What is the version of the Adobe Reader DC?
    To check the version of the product you may follow the link - Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC
  2. What is the OS/version?
  3. Are you opening the Adobe Reader DC on a mobile device and the links are not working ? or they are not working when you open the file on the computer system.

Waiting for your reply

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

Thanks for getting back to me - please see below:

1. Adobe Reader DC: Continuous release | version 2019.012.20035

InDesign 14.0.2

2. Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB

3. When I open the pdf in Adobe Reader DC the links actually work. However, if I click 'fill & sign' (see below) and send the pdf for signing to 'others', the links stop working in the version that is sent. Conversely, if I choose 'me' as the person who needs to sign the pdf, the links work.

In the version sent to 'others', it seems that the only things working are the text boxes and signatures. The text is not selectable and the links are not clickable.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Daiana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Amal

Do you have any updates/ need more info?

Thanks

Daiana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daiana,

When you send the document for signature using the "Others" option in Fill & Sign tool, it sends the document via Adobe Sign. That means the document converts to Adobe Sign form and then sent to signers for signature.

The links added to the document do not work in the Adobe Sign form. This is an as-designed behavior.

As you have mentioned that the link was working when you try to add a signature, that is because you were adding signature in Reader DC application using the Fill & Sign tool. When you select "Me" option, you are directly adding a signature to the PDF form. It is not converted into the Adobe Sign form.

Hope that clears the confusion.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not clear the confusion. I'm having the same problem. What do you mean by the "Me" option? Is there a work around, or will links just not work? Buttons also don't seem to work when in Adobe Sign. I added a "Clear Form" button, but it does not work.

Is there another way of signing that would work for us? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found out through chatting with a nice support agent through Facebook Messenger (so cool!) that using Adobe Sign flattens the document, so any hyperlinks or buttons (with actions) that you created no longer work. However, after they sign, all the buttons and links come back. Weird. It's not SUPER user friendly, but I understand why that would be. At least it provides a way to sign a PDF. That outweighs the negatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines