• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am new! please help. How do I add a button that adds a row, and also remove those same rows?

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there everyone! I hope someone out there can help me. 

FYI I am new to Adobe and well, I don't know all the lingo. So truly do bear with me.

I currently use Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017.  I know how to create the basic buttons eg. print, save, go to etc. 

I am trying to create a fillable PDF form for folks. 

What I need to do is create a button that will delete or add a row. So I would like the rows above with the yes no to be added.  then removed if I accidentally added them.  I am not sure if Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 is the program that will work. I know Livecycle is no longer. Would Adobe Acrobat Pro DC be any different? Please do help. Thanks group!

Date

Name of something

Item a

Item b

YES    NO

YES    NO

YES    NO

YES    NO

REMOVE BUTTON

ADD BUTTON

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you want to add the button to PDF form to add and delete the rows

The option to add/delete the rows in a PDF form is not yet available in Adobe Acrobat DC. You may submit your request with the engineering team using the link - Feature Request/Bug Report Form 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal,

But what do I need to do to get a button that allows me to add rows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe Acrobat DC doesn't have the option, which program of Adobe would let me to add rows as per my original request. Can someone help me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The product that will allow you to create such dynamic XFA forms is Adobe Experience Manager Forms Designer. Is was formerly called LiveCycle Designer. More info: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/adobe-livecycle-end-of-core-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said: So I would like the rows above with the yes no to be added. then removed if I accidentally added them

Where do you want to add them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have the row above the add button added after clicking add. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention, someone had forwarded me a form that does this as a sample of what they were looking for. Add a row, remove a row feature. I tried to edit in Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 and the message I get is that LiveCycle Designer was used. 

Since I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 it won't work 

What program from ADobe would work since LiveCycle designer isn't any longer availble. I see there is something called experience manager for Adobe but will it allow for addition of rows with an add button?

if so anyone have info on how that is done eg. step by step instructions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can do it using that application. For more questions about it use this forum:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/ct-p/adobe-experience-mana...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is doable using Acrobat Pro and JavaScript but it's useless since page dimensions are immovable (unlike in XFA forms), which makes necessary to reserve empty spaces for the added rows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your needs seem simple, but they are close to impossible, especially if you are not already a very experienced Acrobat scripter.  This is a limitation of PDF forms in general, not of the app. Perhaps PDF forms are not the right solution for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines