• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have been getting the "acrobat fail to send a DDE command"

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Toshiba, Windows 10 and have had Acrobat Pro XI for about three years.  Several months ago, I had this problem and someone in India (with Adobe) fixed it.  Then it happened again a couple of months ago, and someone (from Adobe support) in India said he fined it and added another program to it.  THAT caused me all kinds of trouble and I got rid of it.  NOW, I cannot get ANYONE FROM ADOBE TO HELP!!!!!  I guess they do not do phone support any more.  I am not very Techy, and I do need HELP!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Hi William,

Please try the solutions given below:-

Solution 1) (This error occurs when you have more than 1 process of Acrobat running)

• 1) Go to the task manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del
  • 2) Go to the processes in Task Manager
  • 3) End all processes related to Acrobat
  • 4) Launch Acrobat again.

Solution 2) Open Acrobat navigate to Help menu & Repair the installation.

Solution 3) Check the file association on your system.

Solution 4) Navigating to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\acrobat\shell\open\ddeexec\application and ch

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Please try the solutions given below:-

Solution 1) (This error occurs when you have more than 1 process of Acrobat running)

• 1) Go to the task manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del
  • 2) Go to the processes in Task Manager

Solution 4) Navigating to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\acrobat\shell\open\ddeexec\application and changing the Key "AcroviewA11"  to  "AcroviewR11.

Also check what the Log On properties of the Remote Procedure Call service, on the workstation giving this error set to.

I've seen users resolving the issue by setting the 'Log on as' to 'Local System account' with the 'Allow service to interact with desktop' checked.

Regards,

Rave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am running Adobe Reader 11.0.19 in our Citrix XenApp environment

I have a lot of users getting this "Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE Server"

When they get the error, a lot of AcroRd32.exe processes are running for that user.

Killing the processes solves it until next time...

Adobe Reader 11.0.19 is a fresh installation in the environment.

I tried to change Acroview11 to R11 in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\acrobat\shell\open\ddeexec\application but users still gets this error.

What does this error mean exactly?

Really confusing.

/ Torsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it's Nov 2019 and I just had that same issue.  Thanks to your post I have sorted it in 5 minutes.  You do have to close ALL related processes in the Task Manager though so be careful one hasn't passed your attention.  The list refeshes when you end a task so be vigilant.  I just did that, ended all tasks associated with Acrobat and opened it again and it worked!  Happy Days.  Thanks Say-hi-2-Ravi!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having this problem two days ago with the error message about acrobat failed to connect to DDE server.  I would click on a PDF after downloading and nothing would happen.  Just used your method in the task manager and it worked.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Está é a  primeira vez que estou tendo contato dessa forma com Adobe.com. Então essas perguntas não foram feitas por mim!!

Por favor, você pode me ajudar como exportar o PDF? Ah! Eu botei a data de hoje como 12/12/2016  , sendo que na verdade é 11/12/2016. Tem que arrumar a data ou vocês corrigem ? ? Estou vendo que o meu conteúdo foi salvo pela última vez às 10:05 am

Obrigada.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why doesn't Adobe just fix their damned system? I've had this problem for the past couple of years (+ / -), removed and reinstalled the DC reader SEVERAL times and the problems are still here. First, Adobe won't seem to open a document (won't display, so I keep trying), I can't fix the problem in windows because several Adobe windows are open (but they don't show in windows 10) and then someone (like in this forum) comes up with a work around/patch to fix what Adobe should have fixed in the first place. What kind  of company and customer service is this anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xworthless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I have tried solution 1 and 2, neither work, im wasting my day here.

Give me a solution and make it clear: The below is utter gibberish to me. SORT IT OUT.

Solution 4) Navigating to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\acrobat\shell\open\ddeexec\application and changing the Key "AcroviewA11"  to  "AcroviewR11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Windows 10, using Edge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We are aware of this issue and the fix is currently undergoing internal validations. We will confirm once the patch is available for general public.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the year 2021 and this problem STILL EXISTS!!! 

This thread is from 2017, that is at least 3 years ago Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove Adobe from you computer then reinstall it. 

You'll need to have your 16+ code to reinstall.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When should users actually start receiving this update automatically? Right now, or will it auto-update in a day or so? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jaymeb40873289​

Yes, update is available with immediate effect, and based on some variables (last update check on user's machine etc.), the update would get applied within next 3-4 days.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem happen with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (2019), and a Brother 8150DN multi-function unit, after a new install on a Windows 10 tablet. I tried to scan but nothing happened, and Acrobat seemed to freeze up. When I used Windows Task Manager to stop Acrobat, I saw the failed to send a DDE command message.  The Acrobat navigate to Help menu & Repair the installation seemed to resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ashu

Manually updated Acrobat DC and it's working for me now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming stevel50734354​! Very glad to hear that.

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error – Acrobat failed to send a DDE command – has been showing for the last few days, when running a C# program that calls the Acrobat engine. We've got the Acrobat 10.0 Type LIbrary as a reference in the C# project.

This has never been an issue before (several years).

I updated the Creative Cloud app, I believe from ver. 4.8.2.435 to 4.8.2.476, then uninstalled Acrobat DC, and I also ran the Acrobat Cleaner Tool, that removed some Acrobat related things from the registry and files on disk that the uninstaller had left or that were from an older Acrobat installation.

After installing Acrobat the error dialogue window still shows up.

My current Acrobat.exe file version is 19.12.20034.1161 with a date modified of May 3rd 2019 4:33 AM.

Acrobat failed to send a DDE command.PNG

Could it be that this error somehow has been reintroduced?

Or is it just on my computer..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have identical error! Windows 10 'patch' problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, these errors were caued by droplets from an older version of Acrobat, and my guess is that they were making use of actions that are no longer available, or that have been changed, in the latest version of Acrobat. I had to find the original description of what the droplets were supposed to do (all steps) and then make new droplets from scratch, using the latest Acrobat software. Then there have been no errors. So it seems this was due to backward compatibility issues with version of Acrobat that was made available in spring or early summer 2019. If you get this when using droplets that are a few years old, it may be the same case for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it could be windows patch problem, i have also come across with same error while opening the PDF document, SOLUTION for this problem is to CANCLE all the adobe or Acrobat related process from task bar once done, try to open pdf doc, it helped me to fix DDE Server error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well now its 2024 and i have the latest 64 bit Adobe which i pay thorugh the nose for and this problem is still happening...not to mention the crappy new UI they keep trying to force on me and the myriad of freezes and crashes and weird functionality losses.... if there were an adequate repacement...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines