Imported stamps not showing up

New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC

Windows 7

In the past, I would take a set of stamps and move them to the stamps folder and they would work.  Now though, I put the stamps in the directory, open a document & there are no stamps other than he base stamps available.

I can go through the import process & they work but I can't do that for every user.

I made sure I had the correct directory by running the JavaScript code for the stamps directory, restarted Adobe, etc.

Can someone give me some guidance on what I may be doing wrong?

Thank you,

David

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Just tried copying and pasting a stamp file from one version of Acrobat into the stamps folder for a different version of Acrobat, and it worked fine.

Try this: The Undocumented Back Door to Organizing Your Stamps

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the specific directory you're looking to populate...is it in the install dir, or in the Roaming dir?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have actually tried both.  I now going back through everything. 

I have to do this for people with a variety of setups including Windows 7 & 10, Adobe V, VI, DC, etc.

So what I am trying now is deleting all but the base stamps (dynamic, signhere & standard) from all directories & trying it again.  It just seems like it is something simple.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my experience with FrameMaker, I'd focus on the Roaming dir. That's where the user-editable stuff would be stored, and it doesn't require Admin access to modify.

Let me know what you find out...I've always just re-added custom stamps when I upgrade or install on a new machine, and would like to be able to "just" drop the files in the appropriate folder.

-Matt

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just tried copying and pasting a stamp file from one version of Acrobat into the stamps folder for a different version of Acrobat, and it worked fine.

Try this: The Undocumented Back Door to Organizing Your Stamps

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines