• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Acrobat 7.0 Pro on new Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe shows I own this product, but I can't figure out how to get it installed on my new machine.

Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Neither Acrobat 7 nor Adobe Reader 7 are supported on Windows 10. Even if you manage to install the software, it will not run correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download from Download Acrobat 7 and CS2 products

Use the new, non-activation serial number provided on that page.

Don't try using your existing serial number. Even if you do find it, it won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work. The installation program would not accept the serial number provided on the page at Download Acrobat 7 and CS2 products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? First time I've heard of that. Usually works fine.

Sorry, not sure how to help you from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't provide an answer to a question or issue in a straightforward manner that actually answers a question being asked please stop making posts that do nothing but take up space clogging the forum and which only serve to satisfy your own ego. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the download of AA 7 from that page too? In any case, do not expect much out of AA 7 on Win 10 even if you succeed with the install. For Win 7 it required a workaround to function. Of course, the test is if Acrobat and Distiller will open themselves after the install. If so, then there is hope the workaround will do the job. You would also want to do the updates that you can get from ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/ and install the updates in order. For Windows, specifically go to ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/7x/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will be out of town until after September 8. Will follow up then.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do realise that if you can get it installed it won't work properly? For example, the Adobe PDF printer and creation from Office documents cannot work. Many other things might fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 products, including Acrobat 7, because of a technical issue. These products were released more than seven years ago and do not run on many modern operating systems; Adobe no longer supports them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to install the Acrobat Reader 7.0 Professional in window 10. How can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither Acrobat 7 nor Adobe Reader 7 are supported on Windows 10. Even if you manage to install the software, it will not run correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader 7.0 or Acrobat Professional 7.0? These are two different products.

If it is Acrobat Professional 7.0, do you still have your original CDROM and serial number from the purchase (please do NOT post the serial number!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello what is your problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am trying installing Acrobat 7.0 Pro on my new computer, windows 10 (the CD-program is age 2004). And the system calls for installerings program.

I have tryed to activete by https://www.adobe.com/actphone, but it do not work.

What to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the rest of the thread. Basically, you need to get a new license to the current version of Acrobat, which is actually compatible with your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why?

I have installed Acrobat 7 Pro on my windows 10 64-bit machine and it works fine except for three things:

1. Acrobat PDF printer does not install - I can see that differences in the windows architecture could be a factor
  2. Cannot save PDFs as graphic files
  3. Digital signature IDs disappear whenever the program is closed

I suspect there are other functions that don't work, but apparently they are functions that I don't need or use. I imagine that some clever Windows programmer could fix some of these problems, but I'm not such a one.

What is worse is that I have found that the useability of Acrobat is getting worse as time goes on. From sensible and easy to navigate menus, Acrobat has moved to game-like function selection screens. In the new versions it takes me much longer to accomplish the same tasks than in the older ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your question, then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though it may be a correct answer, it's also a bullsh** answer. If I have a valid CD and Registration Code and it is a 32 bit windows application it should install from the original media on a Windows 10 machine under SysWow32 subsystem in the \Program Files (x86) directory. Case closed. This is nothing but a poor excuse by Adobe to sucker people who already bought their product that still works adequately as it was originally released for what I think is probably a large number of users including myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On behalf of Adobe …

Acrobat is not a simple 32-bit application! It contains system drivers and application plug-ins that were no longer operational beyond 32-bit Windows XP. Yes, Acrobat 7 does work adequately under Windows XP 32-bit and versions of Microsoft Office of that era. In terms of your license for Acrobat 7, note that the software is only supported for the operating environment at the time you licensed Acrobat 7. There is no infinite long term support just as there is no infinite long terms support for Windows 3, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and even now, Windows 7.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See my response above.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines