• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mail Merge using Adobe DC with Mail Merge Plugin

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to do a mail merge with the Mail Merge Plugin.  I can get it to run but it won't read multiple lines in excel.  It is only printing the same info on one page.  How do I get it to read multiple lines.

I feel like I'm missing something.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Ok, that is a plugin FOR Acrobat but like most Acrobat plugins it’s made by someone completely different. (That’s the main idea of plugins). Adobe probably have no knowledge of it, and even if they heard of it, they can’t support it. So you need to ask the makers, someone called Evermap. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is a merge, in Word, using the mail merge to PDF function provided by Acrobat DC? Or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a mail merge from a form created in PDF using the mail merge plugin. The form has 3 entries on one sheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form created in Adobe with merge fields I'm using this feature AutoMailMerge™ - PDF Mail Merge Software For Adobe® Acrobat®. to do a mail merge into the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What mail merge plugin exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a plugin purchased through Adobe used with Adobe Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not directly offer any such mail merge plugin for Acrobat. Acrobat's PDFMaker does support mail merge from Word, but there is no mail merge supporting only a PDF file and external data as part of Acrobat.

I believe you can find third party scripts and plugins that do provide such support, but not from Adobe itself.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the name of this plugin and where is it from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that is a plugin FOR Acrobat but like most Acrobat plugins it’s made by someone completely different. (That’s the main idea of plugins). Adobe probably have no knowledge of it, and even if they heard of it, they can’t support it. So you need to ask the makers, someone called Evermap. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find your answer? I know this is an old thread. I use this software and the developer was very helpful in getting me started with it. I'm doing some fairly advanced merges on an Excel document. AutoMailMerge is an amazing plugin. I couldn't find anything else out there that does what it does, ie; allow me to create and run an SQL query on an Excel document. Pretty awesome. I have 170 PDFs and a mailing list of 213 subscribers. I needed to automatically print the publications with the addresses already on them. This turned out to be a much more complicated than I thought it should be but setting up mapping and actions with AutoMailMerge made it painless. I'm probably going to buy AutoBatch too so I can run the whole thing at once instead of running one action at a time. Well worth $150-350.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to EverMap's plugin product list and description page: http://evermap.com/ . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evermap is an Adobe Partner. 

That is probably where the confusion stemmed from

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of purchasing and downloading and installing scripts or plug-ins, the BEST solution I found was simply using Adobe InDesign. I had hundreds of names I needed to import from an Excel spreadsheet onto an award certificate made in Word and later converted to PDF. It was messy doing it in Word because Word isn't much of a designer's tool as you know. It was a mess in Acrobat because Acrobat doesn't have a native plugin to do it smoothly. I found out InDesign does AND is a designer's tool. I imported my PDF design into InDesign without much issue at all and followed these instructions and it works great!

Easy to follow instructions here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/data-merge.html

This video is great too in explaining more of the process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1QV6R1y8Y0

I hope this helps others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need to send the merged documents to the email addresses that are merged into the PDFs. Will InDesign do this?

I was able to use word to create the merged documents from excel, save it as a PDF and then split that into individual files. But I have 75 individual files and I'm looking for a way to automate the generation of individual emails to each recipient with their unique PDF certificate.

I purchased the EverMap AutoMailMerge, the problem is that the PlugIns option doesn't show up in the upper left in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro and I can't proceed without that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My (paid-for) Mail Merge script allows you to automatically send an email with the merged file attached to it to each recipient, if there's a field that contains the email address in the merged data, of course.

You can find it here: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-mail-merge-and-email-pdf-files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines